1 day post op, do I need to wait 2 months to do another CoolSculpting session?

Hi! I just did 2 hours of CoolSculpting yesterday and i'm surprised that i didn't had any purple bruise or much sensibility at my flanks (it was one hour at each flank). My doubt is if i really need to wait two months in order to do another session, since it seems that i'll recover quickly from it. I'm considerable active, i'm on a diet and my current bf content is 14%. I'm trying to reach 8% and using coolsculpting to help me with the troublesome areas.

2nd Treatment coolsculpting

The clinical studies and FDA approval allows coolsculpting to be performed in the same area after 30 days. A different area can be treated at any time.

Do I have to wait 2 months to do another coolsculpting session?

Coolsculpting selectively freezes fat cells to induce programmed cell death. Some patients require more than one treatment to the same area. A second treatment can be performed one month later. If treatment is to be performed to a different site, that can be done anytime.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Waiting gives best results

If you are treating the exact same area, then wait the two months. It

takes your body that much time to naturally rid of the fat that has been

destroyed by the first treatment. The waiting period gives you the best

results for the money you are spending. If you are treating other areas

besides your flanks, then you can certainly go forward with treating those

other areas.

Michael Stefan, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Repeating Session

That is wonderful that you were so resilient after your treatments. The beauty of CoolSculpting is that there should be minimal to no down time. The reason why patients should wait 30-60 days to retreat the area again, is because your optimal results happen at that 6-9 week mark. Once you have results, then you can reassess the area. If your body fat percentage is low, you may not even need a second treatment or a different applicator and area would be treated and used. Hope this helps you out!

Cool Sculpting and repeating sessions

Cool Sculpting is a great procedure because it is effective with no down time.  Since you are active and in good shape you should see the results quickly, probably within two months.  The full effect can take up to four months to see the results.  Most physicians advise waiting two months before re-treatment.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Cool Sculpting.

When can second CoolSculpting session be done?

I generally like to wait at least 2 months in between CoolSculpting treatments but have done them as soon as a month afterwards.  Each physician will have their own preference as to how long to space treatments apart, so I would check with your treating physician.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool sculpting recovery

Yes you should wait.  Results will vary from patient to patient. Most of the time it takes at least two months before the results can be evaluated.