Can't wait to get these 10 lb bags off my chest! I had a Lift with implants 10 years ago, Will I need another lift?

10 years ago I made the worst decision to get a lift and implants. What I really wanted was just a lift and got talked into putting these terrible huge implants in my body. A year later I had to have them redone because they never dropped. My question is, Will the lift still hold my breast up ? I can't stand to have more trauma done to them. My left breast is numb and the scar tissue on the bottom is sore and It feels lumpy, (btw, I still have a stitch) do I have to have them lifted again?

Had breast aug 10 years ago with lift. If I remove my implants will the lift still hold?

Are you are asking if the lift you had 9-10 years ago will still hold up if you remove your implants?  To definitively answer this would require more information and an in office exam to see the quality of your skin.  You may need a revisionary lift at the same time you remove them or you can just remove them, give your skin some time to retract and see how they end up.  If you are unsatisfied with your results, then you can always add small implants later.  Go see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and see what your options are.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. A lift can do a lot to lift the breast up, and the scar can be revised, and may heal much better without the tension. For this, do see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is familiar with revision work. This sounds very straightforward and is not uncommon to do. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Possible lift post implant removal

This is a common question.since you have already had a lift I would ask your surgeon to take out a little extra skin when he removes the implants.This will tighten up the skin envelope and ypou will have less burdensome breasts.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

BBA

I don't quite understand what you're asking.  You seem to have a number of issues.  You should see a BC PS in your area for a thorough history and physical examination to see what can be done to make you happy.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Treatment plan

Its really difficult to give any advice without a physical exam or an in-person consultation.  Revisional surgery is unique to each individual patient.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options. Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

I had a Lift with implants 10 years ago, Will I need another lift?

Difficult to give you accurate/meaningful advice without physical examination or viewing pictures. It is quite possible, based on your description, that additional breast lifting  (removal of skin stretched by the breast implants) will be necessary to improve the shape  or position of your breasts after the breast implants have been removed.

At this point, I would suggest that you select your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work achieving the types of results you will be happy with. Communicate your goals carefully as well.  Achieving realistic expectations prior to removal of the breasts implants will also be important.