Is surgery the best option to remove the bags from under my eyes? I want a permanent option (Photo)

I want numerous surgeries done to make my face more aesthetically pleasing and I think the first thing fixed needs to be my under eye bags. I would like a permanent option for the best outcome possible. They are hereditary and I always look tired or sick. Any other suggestions on further facial surgeries would be appreciated as well. I hate how I have a long thin face, I also have no volume in my cheeks and may want to enhance my lips as well as make my nose more pleasing.

Eye bags

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Under Eye Bags

Hello, it appears that you may be a candidate for a lower lid blepharoplasty. This would be the best procedure for the under eye bags that would give you the long-term results that you are looking for. You should have a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon to best determine your options. Best of luck!

Eye Bags

Thank you for your question. Surgery will provide a more long term option and will treat the root of your concern. There are other treatments available that may disguise under eye bags such as injectable fillers. Injectable fillers can also help with your other concerns such as volume loss in the cheeks and lip augmentation. I would recommend an in person consultation with an experienced surgeon and injector to determine your candidacy and treatment plan. Best wishes. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Bags

Yes, surgery such as lower blepharoplasty is likely the best option for you.  You can also consider Botox and fillers around the time of the operation to address some of your other concerns.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Is surgery the best option to remove the bags from under my eyes? I want a permanent option

Surgery is typically the best option for true eyelid bags.  Eyelid bags are composed of fatty tissue and unfortunately creams, fillers, and other so-called non-surgical measures really do not solve the issue.  Additionally, it is important to have the right surgical procedure performed.  The best rejuvenating procedures do not remove the fat, but instead re-position the fatty tissue bag into the groove that is located below the eyelid bag.  This creates a refreshed, smoother, and non-hollow appearance to eyes.

The attached link provides more information.

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Best long-term option to remove the bags from under my eyes

The best long-term treatment for under eye bags is lower blepharoplasty, specifically transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty with fat repositioning. See following video and link for more details. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Full facial rejuvenation with lasers, microneedling/prp, RF, Sculptra, Kybella, Ultherapy

Yes, lower eyelid surgery or fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can all improve the eye bags. I find that a combination of lasers or RF, sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp and skin care help the skin rejuvenation and prevent aging. Kybella, Ultherapy and/or ThermiRF treatments (Venus Legacy) would be non-invasive options that would do well in combination for skin tightening.  Please see a cosmetic dermatologist for a long term treatment plan.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lower lid surgery for eye bags?

Thank you for asking about your lower lid blepharoplasty.

Yes - surgery is the only permanent treatment to improve your lower lids. Cheek implants will give you more facial definition and support. They can be done at the same time. Your upper lip looks quite long - a lip lift to shorten the upper lip would probably help as well.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Eyelid surgery

A multi faceted approach may be right for you. You appear to be a good candidate for the lower blepharoplasty, which will address to lower eye area.  Laser treatments can be used to improve the quality of the skin and the use of fillers can help volumize the face to bring a more youthful, balanced look.  I encourage you to meet with an experienced plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation to discuss your surgical and treatment goals.