Could this be symmastia? (Photo)

I had a breast augmentation in July of this year. I have 345cc moderate profile underneath the muscle. I started noticing when I wear a bra I have weird cleavage. It actually gets quite uncomfortable as the day goes on because of them being close. I can take my finger and push down in between my boobs and my skin will come back up. After researching symmastia popped up and now I am concerned. I have no clue what to do if it is.

Symmastia?

Thank you for your question and photos.  From the second photo, you have no evidence of symmastia.  On occasion if you have "medial malposition" of the implant (it can move too far towards the center and you are able to push it back, this can create some soreness but can come close to symmastia.  This is something that needs to be evaluated by a physical exam.  

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Synmastia

It sounds like you may have some synmastic but it's hard to say exactly without an exam.  I would recommend discussing this with your surgeon and then I'd also recommend wearing a rolled up wash cloth pressed firmly down between the breast to help stretch out the skin in that area.  It's been only 2 months and things are still tight I imagine.  The good news is that the pockets should stretch and hopefully this may improve.  Discuss the concerns with your surgeon and Best Wishes!!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Could this be symmastia?

Thank you for your question. Based on the photos that you submitted you do not have symmastia. I would recommend making an appointment with your plastic surgeon for a thorough examination and to discuss all of your concerns.

Not symmastia

Thanks for your question and the photos. You have a great result and do not have symmastia. Some bras will accentuate the finding that you are describing and so you might avoid those. Hopefully this is the piece of mind you were seeking. Best Wishes!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Do I have a symmastia

Thank you for your question. Based on the photographs you do not have symmastia. You may try a different bra and see.

Symmastia?

Thank you for your question. Your photographs do not suggest that you have symmastia. In fact, you have a very nice result. The effects that you are noticing are a function of the bra you are wearing. The skin tenting is not unusual. You may wish to try a different bra as they all run differently. You can rest assured, you do not have symmastia or anything that would require surgical revision. 

Best Wishes,

Could this be symmastia?

No, your photograph does not demonstrate symmastia.  What you are likely experiencing is skin tenting when you have a bra on.  Surgical intervention is not necessary in my opinion.  You may find the attached link interesting to for comparison purposes. Best wishes.