Can Juvederm be used safely on the forehead? I have had Botox and it does not fill the lines on my forehead above my eyes.

Can Juvederm be used safely on the forehead?

Yes Juvederm can be used on the forehead if placed carefully. Meaning you do not want to over fill the wrinkle. Over filling the wrinkle can make you look odd. I do not perform this procedure very much as it is hard to achieve ideal results. It is best to have in person consultation to find out your options.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Can Juvederm Be Used Safely On The Forehead?

Thank you for your excellent question.  It is difficult to comment on your particular case without seeing a photograph.  In general, etched forehead creases that are refractory to Botox treatment may benefit from filler injection, which can be performed safely.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Can Juvederm be used safely on the forehead? I have had Botox and it does not fill the lines on my forehead above my eyes

Although considered an off-label use, fillers are frequently used for the horizontal wrinkles of the forehead. Hard to say how long it will last though as it varies from patient to patient.

Julio Garcia, MD

Filler for forehead

Yes, filler can be used on the forehead. There are various fillers on the market that could be used to help minimize the lines. I would suggest visiting an experienced injector for this treatment as there is a smaller margin for error.

Camille Cash, MD

Filling forehead lines with Juvederm

This is done safely using blunt cannulas and diluted Juvederm. To further improve the lines, Infini, laser resurfacing, microneedling can be done. Sometime the superficial etched in lines require a superficial filler like Belotero. It all needs an in person evaluation to get best rec's.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Forehead Filler

It could be, but it's hard to give you the best opinion without a picture. For forehead lines, I suggest a combination of fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP and Botox to get the best results.  This can be treated by a well trained cosmetic surgeon.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filler for deep forehead rhytides?

The answer is YES, absolutely. Juvederm can be used in the deep vertical lines of the forehead (11's). 

Shelby Brantley, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Fillers in the forehead

Thank you for your question. If you are receiving adequate botox, and you are somewhat frozen in your forehead region, but still have lines, the reason is because they have become etched in your skin. While there are fillers that can smooth them out, they need to be placed very, very carefully and very, very subtly to just fill in the wrinkle but not overfill - as this can look odd. To be honest, I will rarely perform this on patients - just because even with thin fillers like Belotero or Restylane Silk it is very difficult to achieve ideal results. In addition, depending on the area that you are concerned about, there are a lot of vessels and nerves that run along the forehead and in between the brows that can cause a lot of complications if injected with product.

Sometimes, the reason why wrinkles persist is because the forehead skin has grown lax and you may be a candidate for other procedures - namely a forehead / brow lift. Your best bet is to have an in-person consultation with a Plastic Surgeon to find out if there are other (although admittedly more invasive) options that may get you the results you seek. Best of luck! 

Facial fillers in the forehead

Facial fillers are injected to change the contour of the face and improve folds that form as we age.

There are certain areas of the face that are very amenable to fillers: around the mouth and the cheeks. Other areas have blood vessels or nerves or other important structures that are less friendly to fillers. One particular higher risk area is the forehead between the eyebrows, or glabella. I know I cannot reliably inject that area and keep it consistently safe, so for my patients, I do not offer to inject filler in the glabella. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your query. Yes Juvederm can be used safely on the forehead, but it depends upon the areas where it is performed. It should be avoided very close to the start of the eyebrows as there are many important blood vessels going in that area. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon