My fat hanging down makes me very embarrassed, even with my wife. Can you help?
Look for doctors in your area via the Find A Doctor feature.
Doctor Answers 4
Excess abdominal fat - can it be removed?
- Depending on your weight, you have two options.
- You can have liposuction and possibly removal of excess skin (panniculectomy).
- If you lose 10 pounds after surgery, the fat and loose skin will not return.
- Or you can have bariatric (gastric bypass) surgery to lose weight -
- And after losing weight, can have the loose skin removed.
- A third option is to lose weight on your own but it can be hard to do.
Belly Fat and Treatment
Male Trunk Correction
You demonstrate significant fat inside your belly under the muscles. In addition you have love handle fat and an overhang. The latter is the easiest to remove (Panniculectomy) but it will leave you with a long Tummy Tuck scar without the tummy flattening. Until you lose the inside the belly fat, a tummy tuck is not really feasible since it cannot tighten a full gut. the fat has to go before, it is done. The only way to do so is either weight loss surgery or a strict diet of high protein and low to no carbohydrates with weekly cardio fitness. Once your weight drops to the low 30's or better high 20's BMI I would recommend a full Tummy Tuck with back Liposuction and your wife would be amazed by the change.
This change is good and if you want it , you can get it.
Dr. Peter A. Aldea
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.