My fat hanging down makes me very embarrassed, even with my wife. Can you help?

The large amount of just fatty skin hangs down past my zipper I want it removed please help me. I get paid once a month can put big amount down but monthly payment every month

Look for doctors in your area via the Find A Doctor feature.

Excess abdominal fat - can it be removed?

Thank you for asking about your abdominal excess skin.
  • Depending on your weight, you have two options.
  • You can have liposuction and possibly removal of excess skin (panniculectomy).
  • If you lose 10 pounds after surgery, the fat and loose skin will not return.
  • Or you can have bariatric (gastric bypass) surgery to lose weight -
  • And after losing weight, can have the loose skin removed. 
  • A third option is to lose weight on your own but it can be hard to do.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Belly Fat and Treatment

Unfortunately you have a lot of visceral fat (fat that is pushing your belly forward) and only weight loss can get rid of this. you may need bariatric surgery to lose weight and then skin removal/liposuction to get the contour/shape.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Male Trunk Correction

No need to be embarrassed. You have a very common condition which is fixable but it takes planning and discipline. 
You demonstrate significant fat inside your belly under the muscles. In addition you have love handle fat and an overhang. The latter is the easiest to remove (Panniculectomy) but it will leave you with a long Tummy Tuck scar without the tummy flattening. Until you lose the inside the belly fat, a tummy tuck is not really feasible since it cannot tighten a full gut. the fat has to go before, it is done. The only way to do so is either weight loss surgery or a strict diet of high protein and low to no carbohydrates with weekly cardio fitness. Once your weight drops to the low 30's or better high 20's BMI I would recommend a full Tummy Tuck with back Liposuction and your wife would be amazed by the change. 
This change is good and if you want it , you can get it. 
Dr. Peter  A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Weight Loss

Hello, and thank you for your question and photos. Do not be embarrassed, you look like many of my patients. Yes, we can help.Liposuction is a very routine procedure for removal of excess subcutaneous fat. Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) repairs the abdomen wall if there is muscle separation (very common from pregnancy and excess weight gain), and removes the excess skin that's been stretched out. While it's possible you could benefit from both liposuction + abdominoplasty, neither of them will remove visceral fat.Visceral fat, also known as "organ fat" or "intra-abdominal fat," is located inside the peritoneal cavity, packed in between internal organs and torso, as opposed to subcutaneous fat‚ which is found underneath the skin. Losing visceral fat needs to be your first priority. This is done with diet + exercise.Based on your photos, I strongly recommend you lose weight prior to having plastic surgery. You will see much better results, and the surgery will be much safer if your BMI is in a healthy range. You can start making payments toward your surgery in advance, and try losing weight at the same time. Then, ideally, your surgery will be paid for and your weight loss goals obtained prior to your procedure.Best of luck to you.