4 horizontal Botox injects in forehead have been successful 2x. If I add glabella area next visit, will my droop risk be higher?

Past 2 visits with 4 horizontal injections of Botox on my forehead have been successeful. Next visit I want to add Botox in glabella area in addition to the 4 across my forehead. Will this increase my chances of a brow or eye droop? And/Or will my Dr. have to inject my forehead differently? This will be my first time doing glabella. My concern is to change too much up since Botox has been successful twice.

Risk of Combining Frown (Glabellar) Botox to Forehead

That's a really great question that I wish more people would ask!

Botox in both the frown and the forehead carry risks of lowering or even fully dropping brows so make sure your injector is experienced.

The muscles in the forehead lift your brows so when you relax them the brows do tend to lower if botox is done excessively in this area.

The muscles in the center of your brow/frown actually pull down the center of your forehead, so if your injector does a good job and sticks to the very center, if anything relaxing this downward pull should get you a lift. A good Botox eyebrow lift actually involves relaxing the center frown muscles and the muscles that pull down at the outer corner of the brow, too.

Hope this helps!

Incline Village Physician

Botox

Having a neuromodulator injected into the glabellar region should not increase your risk for eye droop if done correctly.

Hello luvfit,

With proper injections your risk of any adverse reactions after Botox is very low.  It also depends on your anatomy.  Express your concerns with your injector and see if you are a good candidate for treatment to the glabella. 

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for glabella

You should be fine with adding treatment of your glabella. I suspect it will actually raise your medial brows a little which should look even better.

Charles T. Slack, MD
Mckinney Plastic Surgeon

Eye droop after Botox

Injection of Botox into the forehead and glabellar complex can be done at the same time. there is a slight increase in droop when the glabella is injected as it is closer to the eyes but it is minimal

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox For Glabellar Area

Thank you for your excellent question.  In general, the forehead and glabellar area can be treated at the same time with excellent results.  Adding Botox to the glabellar area is unlikely to lower the brow position and may actually cause some elevation.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Botox Injections Risk

• Adding Botox injections to your glabella should not increase the risk of causing a droop if given with the correct technique.  In fact adding Botox to the glabella area can enhance your results and raise a portion of the medial eyebrow area.  Glad you are having such great results with Botox and hope this answer helps you.

Bradford S. Patt, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Glabellar injection helps forehead often

There is some spread of the glabellar injection into the forehead in most cases. I almost always inject the glabella at the same time. You might need less in the forehead if the glabella is injected. Please discuss your concerns with your doctor prior to injection.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox for The Glabella

In my experience, injection of Botox in the glabella has a lower risk of eyelid or brow ptosis than injection in the forehead.  However, this is very injector dependent so it is imperative that you see a Physician with a great deal of experience.  Good luck.  

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question!  Botox in the Glabella will not have an effect on your forehead injections.  This will treat your frown lines and will often give you a slight eyebrow lift.  Be sure you are seeing an experienced injector. Best of luck to you!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon