What procedures would you suggest to gain volume in under eyes & cheeks, & lose fat in lower mid cheeks?

I am 28 year old male and I want more volume to undereye area and higher cheek bones/volume.I also have too much fat in the lower midcheek area.I am wondering which option would be better/rational for me? 1:To raise fat from where there is too much to lift it higher where it lacks.This way I could also get my sligthly too downward pointing mouth corners lifted.Im not sagged in other ways.Only cheeks and mouthcorn. Or 2: fat transfer to cheeks&undereye combined with fatsuction to lower midcheeks?
Fat transer comb.with fatsuction VS endoscopic midfacelift?

Doctor Answers 4


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
it's a little difficult for us to give you useful information without photographs.  In general if you have not tried fillers before then a combination of hyaluronic acid and Radiesse would be a good start.  These have the advantage of being either temporary or reversible.  Fat transfer is a significant investment in time, money, and healing.  Midface lift usually do not do anything for midface hollowing or flatness.  The lower third of the face may be addressed with buccal fat pad removal or laser assisted liposuction.

Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 80 reviews

How do I make my cheeks look better?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
As a 28 year old, it is highly unlikely that you would benefit from a facelift procedure. It is possible that you have a lack of or loss of fat in the cheeks and mid-face region. Pictures would be helpful. Generally speaking, for patients who have a loss of volume in the midface, I prefer fat transfer. I think that it is a fantastic option to restore the natural, youthful appearance of the cheeks. Other options include dermal fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm, etc.

My guess is that, once volume is restored in your midface it will balance your face and you will no longer notice the fatty appearance in the lower part of your cheeks. I would not consider liposuction in your cheeks as this can create contour abnormalities and risk nerve injury.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to the cheeks for volume and buccal fat pad resection to correct chubby cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Improving mid face and cheek volume can be done with dermal filler injections, fat transplantation, or cheek implants.

Liposuction should not be performed on the cheeks because of the risk of facial nerve injury.  Buccal fat pad resection can be done through the inside of the cheek by an expert to reduce fatty cheeks or chipmunk cheeks.

What procedures would you suggest to gain volume in under eyes & cheeks, & lose fat in lower mid cheeks?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is really hard to give advice to such specific questions without seeing photos.  You can send photos for more information.  But, typically, I would not suggest any type of facelift at 28.  Most likely a bit of microliposculpting with a filler to shape your cheek would do what you suggest.  You do need to discuss with your plastic surgeon in detail, as you are suggesting volume to get 'high' cheek bones.  This is typically a female feature.  Men usually are more angular...photos are necessary.

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.