Is Volbella permanent or not?

Does it leave any long term results?

Longest lasting filler for the indication

Great question. Juvederm Volbella XC is a temporary hyaluronic acid filler indicated for perioral rhytids (vertical lip lines) and can provide subtle soft lip augmentations. The FDA has approved it for this indication and due to it's various molecular weights, Allergan has researched it to last up to 12 months. There is however a cumulative effect from receiving filler injections through the bodies natural response to trauma. Once injected, filler allows the inflammatory response to occur and the human bodies reaction is to send off fibroblasts or small collagen networks. I find that subsequent filler injections can go longer stretches in between due to this cumulative effect. Please keep in mind out of all the HA fillers available, this product has to be expertly and meticulously placed to avoid lumps, bumps or blue discoloration. It is very important to find a provider who has performed thousands of Juvederm injections as well as a top provider in their region. In my practice we have been within the top 1% provider of Botox and Juvederm in the country for over a decade. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Length of Effect of Vobella

Vobella is the latest Hyaluronic acid in the Juvederm family to be FDA approved in the US. It has the same crosslinking technology and makeup that has made Juvederm Voluma so successful. It is less concentrated, allowing it to be used to treat fine lines in the lip or skin. Vobella like the other HA's are not permanent. The length of effect will vary from person to person. The majority of patients will find it lasting 12-18 months.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

12-14 months

NO. Volbella is part of the JUVEDERM range of fillers. In Australia VOLUMA is the longest lasting- about two years, followed by VOLIFT and then VOLBELLA. 

I use VOLBELLA primarily for fine work- namely tear thoughts and fine filling of lines. It is also excellent for chicken pox and acne scars, as well as atrophic scarring. It is comparable to the Restylane light range, however with the cross linking of HA, I do think it last longer. 

Kind regards

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and Aesthetic Dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Is Volbella permanent?

Volbella is a great filler and it is not a permanent filler. At the same time, even non-permanent fillers great extra collagen that make the results so much better than just filler volume itself.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Volbella lasts up to twelve months

Juvederm Volbella is part of Allergan's vycrossed line of fillers which produces a soft natural look with results lasting up to 12 months. If you want to maintain the results I would recommend considering reinjection by 9 months. If you prefer a natural result I think you would be very happy with this filler.

Volbella permanence

Volbella is an excellent lip filler that lasts longer than most lip fillers, typically 9-12 months instead of about 6 months. It is not permanent. However, as with most fillers, with repeated treatments, there does appear to be a longer duration of effect. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon