Is the Vitalize Chemical Peel Safe for Asian Skin?

I am a ~40 year old Japanese woman that is a type IV. Black hair but relatively light skin. I have hyperpigmentation from acne and am looking for a treatment to not only reduce the hyperpigmentation, but improve texture, reduce pore size, and firm the skin. I tried IPL several years ago, 2 sessions on a low setting with very little improvement, but no ill side effects. Am I a good candidate for Vitalize?

Is the Vitalize peel safe for Asian skin?

The Vitalize peel is safe on all skin types. Hyperpigmentation is a risk, of course, with any peel especially with darker skin types. It is safest to work with someone experienced with richly pigmented skin.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Vitalize peel for Asian skin

Since Vitalize peel is very surperficial, in principle it should be safe for dark complexion. However, I would recommend a test spot before committing the whole face.

Isabel Zhu, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist

Vitalize peel for Asian skin

Isabel Zhu, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist