Any suggestions for teaching hospitals for arm and back lipo? Am I a good candidate? Cost? (Photo)
1 year ago
Years ago I lost a lot of weight but my arm and back fat stayed so Id like to get rid of it. I am a recent graduate and single mother so getting liposuction is a gift to myself while waiting for my license. I do not have thousands of dollars to spend on it so I would like to go to a learning hospital or explore other surgeons. Is lipo under local anesthesia less expensive? What is the cost for arm lipo in California? Am I a good candidate for liposuction? Other options?
Doctor Answers 2
Cost of liposuction varies by area and practitioner. You should never sacrifice quality and expertise for a cheaper cost. I take payment plans at my practice, and I suggest you find an expert who does the same. Best, Dr. Emer
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- Congratulations on your achievement finishgin your education.
- You may have loose skin as well as or instead of fat that needs to be removed.
- Liposuction done correctly, under local anesthesia, is no less expensive - and can be more so than liposuction when you are asleep.
- I suggest you contact the Department of Plastic Surgery at your nearest teaching hospital and arrange a consultation for surgery done by residents.
- That way you will find out what needs to be done and the best cost.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.