Do I have tuberous breasts? (Photo)

Tuberous breasts

The short answer is "yes"! That said, tuberous breasts have a wide spectrum of deformity, and each case is therefore treated on its own merits. See a board certified surgeon for a face to face examination.

South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

You definitely have tuberous breasts. There are many treatment options for tuberous breasts depending on your specific goals.

Yes

You have the diagnosis of both tubular breasts and grade 3 skin laxity requiring a full breast lift. Best of luck 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

How do you know if you have tuberous Breasts?

Tuberous Breasts have been labeled with a variety of names and conditions. These include the following: Tubular Breasts, Constricted Breasts, Puffy Nipples, Snoopy Breasts, and Conical Breasts What is a Tuberous Breast? This breast condition is a developmental problem of the breast. It may be characterized by a variety of appearances generally seen at the time of puberty. There may be breast underdevelopment of the breast with little or no breast tissue. There may be deficiency of breast skin. The breast may appear narrow, tubular, long, conical or droopy. These contours have resulted in the use of unattractive names such as Tubular Breasts, or Snoopy Breasts. Frequently, the areola (nipple) is often herniated forward creating a ‘Puffy Nipple’, or dome shape to the areola. The areola may be excessively large. Another unkind urban term is ‘Bologna Breast’, so called because the woman’s areolas are so large, that they take up almost the entire surface area of the woman’s breast.
The color of the areola may be colored the same shade as bologna. Often, the lower part or lower pole of the breast is deficient (see severity) adding to Breast Asymmetry. The breasts are often widely displaced. The condition may be on one side (unilateral) or both (bilateral) and is often uneven between the two sides.

Tuberous breasts

Tuberous breasts can be corrected with breast implant and full mastopexy.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dennis Dass, MD

Do I have tuberous breasts?

I have reviewed your photos.  I do feel you have tuberous breasts.  this can be treated successfully with surgery if so dersired. 

Fred Suess, MD

Tuberous Breasts

Recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the surgical options based upon your goals.

Beverly Hills and Los Angeles Locations

Yes you do have tuberous breasts

and you should anticipate having residual issues if you have a procedure done from scarring around your areola, excessively large areolas, double bubbles, and the need for a revision.

Curtis Wong, MD

Tuberous Breast Question

Although you have expanded areola, you breast exhibit more sagging and excess skin than a true tuberous breast. The surgery that will be the foundation for a good result for you will be a breast lift or mastopexy.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Do I have tuberous breasts?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Semantics can sometimes be more confusing than helpful; donot be surprised if you receive different opinions here.

I think I would describe describe your breasts as asymmetrically ptotic with wide areola;  breast lifting  would be indicated if you wish to change breast shape and/or position on your chest wall.  This operation is best done when you are at your long-term stable weight, if you are not there already. In my practice, I would advise you that a second stage breast augmentation procedure may be necessary if you wish to change breast size/shape further.

You will benefit from an in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. This consultation will allow for accurate advice that is best provided after a thorough history, physical examination, and detailed discussion of your goals. There are a lot of factors to consider when making recommendations; for example your life circumstances ( planned pregnancies, psychosocial situation…) and tolerance for scars are factors that should be taken into consideration by you and your plastic surgeon.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation/lifting surgery concerns) helps.  You will find a separate page, on the same website, dedicated to patients with constricted/tuberous breasts concerns. Best wishes.