Could this mole be melanoma? (photo)

I've had this mole all my life and doctors have advised to keep an eye on it at an early age. According to my mother, over the past years it has changed color however I am not sure about size. It is slightly lighter in some places towards the center and the outermost edges. This mole is located on my upper left chest.

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon

I suggest that any change in mole - size, color, height, border, etc. be reported to your physician for evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Mole since birth

Hi,Obviously it is difficult to tell from the pictures, but relatively small moles that you are born with (congenital nevi) have a very low chance of turning into a melanoma especially on young individuals.  The picture does not look worrisome but if you are concerned, I would suggest that you discuss it with your friendly neighborhood dermatologist...

Seth Kates, MD
Worcester Dermatologic Surgeon