I how long for a lowered implant revision to drop?

I had breast implants put in about 9 months ago, my left breast never dropped so a week and a half ago I had a revision surgery to lower that side. I called my doctors office and asked if this procedure took time or was supposed to be immediate and she told me it would take a week or two but then I should see movement. I told her that relieved me because I was panicking that it hasn't moved at all but then she sounded shocked. Now I'm worried again. Was the surgery likely unsuccessful then?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after revisionary breast surgery. Sometimes, after this type of revisionary breast surgery (capsulotomy), it does take a few weeks to see the final outcome of the procedure performed.  The fact that you have not seen significant change at this point does not mean that the surgery was unsuccessful. Your plastic surgeon may recommend massage/displacement exercises and the use of a bandeau to you.  Best wishes.

Revision surgery for high implants

can be challenging to achieve perfection as it sounds very simple conceptually.  Conservatism must be taken with the release of the capsule or you could end up with that implant now being lower than the other.  I would anticipate obvious improvement that you do not yet appreciate so you must discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see if any maneuvers are needed to help you achieve your desired goal.

Curtis Wong, MD

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon. She is most familiar with the details of your surgery and what you should expect. Without knowing these details, online recommendations will not be that helpful to you.