Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- I am so sorry you are going through this -
- Ask for a copy of the anesthesia and surgery records to see what drugs you were given.
- Have your diabetes doctor review them.
- Anesthesiologists can routinely give steroids without the surgeon being told -
- What happened certainly sounds like a drug-induced diabetes.
- Liposuction itself is not known to trigger diabetes -
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
No liposuction is not a cause for diabetes. Please see an expert for treatment options of your diabetes. Best, Dr. Emer.