Can diabetes be a result from liposuction? Do they use steroids to keep inflammation down?
Doctor Answers 2
Liposuction and diabetes
- I am so sorry you are going through this -
- Ask for a copy of the anesthesia and surgery records to see what drugs you were given.
- Have your diabetes doctor review them.
- Anesthesiologists can routinely give steroids without the surgeon being told -
- What happened certainly sounds like a drug-induced diabetes.
- Liposuction itself is not known to trigger diabetes -
Diabetes and Liposuction
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.