5 days post op, can I take a modified shower? (Photos)

Had my MM on Aug 15th. (5days post op) My breasts are still so tight and swollen & feel like the skin will burst!! (Breast lift, and 475cc saline implants under muscles) I keep having muscle spasms of sorts. icing them for 10 min each, 3-4 times a day. I'm desperate for a shower of some sort! I stink! & I need to wash my hair. I can't lean over the sink, and can't shower because of the drains. Can I cover the drains with plastic wrap and try a quick shower? Or Any other creative ideas???

Mommy make-over - how do I take a shower?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • I'd want a shower too five days after surgery -
  • Contact your plastic surgeon for directions on how to do this.
  • If you were my patient, and they weren't already sealed, I'd say 'yes' to tape and plastic rap for a quick shower but you MUST have your own surgeon's directions and approval.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

5 days post op, can I take a modified shower?

If you have a hand held shower head this enables patients to take a controlled shower.  Of course, contact your surgeon for his advice.  Patients usually feel much better when they can shower.  Where there is a will, there is a way.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Mommy Make Over

Go back to your doctor. to change the dressings and use Tagaderm (Plastic Dressing) which will allow you to take a shower. We use Tagaderm in all of our surgery to allow the patient to shower the next day, Tagaderm might be a little expensive but !

Showering After a Mommy Makeover Procedure

My patients are permitted to #shower 2-3 days after most every surgery. They are provided #after-care instructions to how to properly care for the surgical sites.  For additional after-care recommendations, it's best to ask such of your board-certified plastic surgeon or their licensed medical staff. You may also find it helpful if a loved one, friend or partner is available the first time you shower #post-up to assure you are strong enough and able to access hard-to-reach areas.

Showering After A Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. Every surgeon has their specific post op instructions. I recommend always discussing your questions with your surgeon. As always, the surgeon should be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.Good luck in your recovery.

Mommy makeover recovery

Showering with a handheld shower head may be good option.  Contact your surgeon on how to address the drain sites, as surgeons differ in their care of them.  You will for sure feel better once you are clean!

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon