Hello I'm 18 and I wanted to know if I have constricted breast. (before)

My breast have not grown since I was 13 and I've always knew they were "abnormal". I want to seek for help. :(

Hello I'm 18 and I wanted to know if I have constricted breast.

Based on your photos you do have tuberous breasts. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience  with tuberous breasts. Best of luck. 

Regards, 

Yes you have constricted breasts

Your breasts due appear to have a constricted component; but remember, that your breasts will continue to grow until at least 16 years of age. You should not consider any surgery till you are older and your breasts have developed completely.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question and photos. You do appear to have some features of Tuberous breast constriction. This is very common and you will find that there are board certified Plastic Surgeons who are skilled in this area. I recommend that you book a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon who's before and after photos you can relate to. During your appointment your surgeon will examine and measure you then recommend a surgical plan and breast implants sized and suited to you, depending on the look you are after.

All the best 

Constricted/Tuberous Breast: Information

Dear Ms. Tubss,

Thank you for your questions and photos. Unfortunately without a examination I can advise you in general terms, however I hope you will find them helpful.

Constricted breast/Tuberous breast is a clinical diagnosis that can present in a wide spectrum from minimal to significant.

The typical characteristics include:
1)enlarged and puffy nipple areola complex (NAC)
2)unusually wide spacing between the breasts
3)minimal breast tissue
4)sagging (ptosis)
5)higher than normal breast fold
6)a constricted narrow breast base on the chest wall
7)asymmetry of the breasts

There is a spectrum of presentation and the appearance of the breasts can include just a few to all of the above characteristics

Treatment varies:
1) breast augmentation with implants
2) NAC reduction
3) release of the constricted breast base
4) in severe cases breast tissue expansion.

I recommend that you make several consultative appointments with Plastic Surgeons who are experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally they are members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

I wish you my best and success,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
wwwimagineplasticsurgery.com
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Constricted Breast

Hello, and thank you very much for your photos and question.

You have what is called tuberous breast syndrome- it is a form of constriction.  

This deformity as it is considered is very, very correctable. 

Breast augmentation with elements of reconstruction can provide you with natural beautiful breast. 

I have done many similar cases.  This will take about two hours and a half hours in the operating room, vs just an hour that it takes to do a standard breast augmentation.  Many patient can return to work in as little as a week or less.

I hope I have been helpful.

Dr. Obeng
Beverly Hills, CA
Instagram: @DrMichaelKObeng

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

There are elements of constricted breasts.  There are several ways to modify the breasts if you desire.

Beverly Hills, CA

Thanks for your question. Yes you do have a form of constricted (also called tuberous) breasts as well as some asymmetry. There are surgical procedures to reconstruct your look to what we think of as a normal and youthful breast. Just be sure you do your homework and choose a very experienced surgeon, as this is not a simple augmentation. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, you do appear to have characteristics of tuberous (constricted) breasts.

Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  • Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  • Inframammary fold misshapen
  • Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  • Insufficient breast skin
  • Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  • Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Constricted breasts

Thank you for the question and the photos and from them without an examination you do appear to have a mild degree of constriction.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast augmentation

It would appear from your pictures, that you do have a mild amount of constriction. However, given a little more time and growth this may still improve a little. This is a very common shape and breast augmentation can help improve the shape. I would talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area about this and I think you will have a great result.Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon