How likely I'm I to die under general anesthesia during a mastopexy plus lipo procedure?
Doctor Answers 3
Is plastic surgery safe?
Mastopexy and liposuction - mortality rates
- Your question isn't silly because in the 1960s - 1990s anesthesia had many more risks.
- Today because of much safer anesthetics and very good monitoring, elective surgery with general anesthesia in an accredited out-patient surgery center done by a qualified plastic surgeon is very very safe.
- Problems do arise when doctors who are not trained in surgery do major surgery in a non-accredited office surgery center.
- Can disasters arise? Anything can happen in life but there are thousands of people having elective cosmetic surgery done by qualified surgeons in qualified surgery centers every day with no complications.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.