Should I still be swollen and lumpy?

I had lipo of my upper abdomen and hips with fat injection to buttocks on July 15th and I am still swollen and lumpy. I wear a corset during the day and towards evening I switch to a high powerful waist panty (which comes to my bra line). Last year I had a full tummy tuck (which left me in the shape of a rectangle and this procedure was to correct that and give me more of a waistline and curves. I've noticed that now when I sit I have a little belly roll that I didn't have before.

Lipo at 5 weeks

At 5 weeks you are likely still swollen. Best to give it more time to heal and for the swelling to subside.  

Liposuction and BBL - still swollen after five weeks

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.
  • You are swollen so you can't judge your final result now.
  • Since you had abdomen liposuction, the new belly roll is almost certainly swelling that has moved down.
  • Let your surgeon know your concerns and give it a lot more time.
  • It will be at least 3 months to get some idea of your final result and 6-9 months for your final result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS