How to stage a mommy makeover? (photos)

I have lost +80lb thanks to the gastric sleeve in 2012, and am looking for a mommy makeover that consists of an extended tt, breast lift with implant and full body lipo with fat transfer to buttocks. I am 5'9" and weigh 145lbs now. Should I lose/gain for a successful bbl and what surgery should be done first?

Staging a Mommy Makeover in Melbourne, FL.

The decision as to how best stage a Mommy Makeover can best be sorted out with a lengthy and detailed discussion with your board-certified plastic surgeon.  If patients are not sure which procedures they ultimately will want to pursue, but are considering abdominoplasty, that is often the procedure that is addressed first for a massive weight loss patient.  You will want to be at a stable weight for you and in good general health.  I hope this information is helpful to you.  Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Weight Control and the Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.

Staging procedures is a great way to ensure safe, reliable results

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Even though I would need to see you first to make exact recommendations, it sounds like doing the tummy tuck and breast surgery first and the lipo and fat transfer second.  I have done it this way many times for my massive weight loss patients and they've done great!Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, 

Baltimore plastic surgeon

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. You look like a great candidate for a full Tummy Tuck and lipo all around and BBL perfectly. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

How to stage a mommy makeover?

Thank you for your question and photo,Congratulations for your weight loss , all your procedures can be performed at once by a good and expert surgeon who should have the experience for each procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing all this complained surgeries. If your weight is stable then it is best to have your operations now, all your surgeries can be completed in 5 - 6 hours and you will stay at clinic for 2 nights. you can have skype consultation with an experienced plastic surgeons who will explain these options and help you find out best treatment plan to reach satisfactory results.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Best procedures for you, some advice:

Thanks for the question.After having analyzed all the information provided to us, I recommend you perform a Breast Lift to treat the sagging breast skin getting a good projection, and also Implants,Exchange has since been too long time since placed (I recommend implants exchange every 10-12years), therefore today we have much modern and safety silicone implants such as the "Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants" with textured cover ("gummy bear implants") They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and natural appearance. Also, with the Tummy Tuck, I would like to perform weist and lateral liposuction to give you a better body contour.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. These procedures can all be staged in one surgery. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time.  For example, we work in a team and would take around 4-5 hours for the complete operation.  This allows us to get better results with less surgical time and less trauma.  Our patients are typically wlking the same day and tapering off of pain medications by 4-5 days.  By a week, our internattional patients are generally touring around Cartagena enjoying the  sites of this UNSECO World Heritage City.  Patients progress to unrestricted activities by 2 months, just as the final results are settling in. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Mommy makeover staging.

Thank you for the question and photos And congratulations on the weight loss!The liposuction and Bbl can be combined with the tummy tuck as a first stage and if they are done in less than 4 hours then the breast lift with implants can be added to safely complete all procedures in one stage. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon and see what you and your surgeon are comfortable with. Best of luck!Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover sequencing

Hello!This can be sequenced many different ways; ultimately the most important procedure you do first is the one you prioritize most. Typically that is the abdomen. With a tummy tuck, I would recommend liposuction of the back with fat transfer to the buttock and tummy tuck. If your surgeon is comfortable with time necessary, you could consider the breast procedure at that time. A breast implant of good full size may provide adequate lift to the breast and would greatly simplify the breast surgery. Good luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Circumferential body lift to start

Given the weight loss you have we usually do a body lift first then breast surgery as next procedure. Full body lipo not a good option as your skin is not going to shrink much more after this and may result in more excess skin. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who does this type of work. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon