How difficult is it to schedule a Hysterectomy and Mommy makeover?

I've had my consultation with my PS which my OB referred and has done several of these surgeries before. After meeting the PS, I have full confidence in his ability & want to move forward. Getting the first date took no time at all, however did not work with my families schedule. It took a week to get the total cost from PS office. Messages and emails have been sent to OB & PS office to reschedule. It's now going on another week and still no date. How much time does this take? Is this a red flag?

Coordinating schedules

I don't think this is a red flag. It is difficult to coordinate to individual surgeon's schedule so they are the same place at the same time. Just be patient and work with offices to get your mommy makeover schedule.

The logistics of coordinating 2 different surgeons schedules may be challenging. Make sure that you fully educate yourself about the potential downsides/risks associated with the combination operations you are considering. Make your decisions carefully based on safety first… Best wishes.

Coordinating a hysterectomy with a mommy makeover

Thanks for your question. It can be quite challenging to coordinate the schedules of two busy surgeons and the hospital facilities AND your busy life. Remember, they both have your best interests in mind.  Be patient and work with both your surgeons and the hospital. These procedures are commonly done together but be sure you understand the additional risks (such as deep vein thrombosis) that can occur with the two procedures combined. Depending on your history and risk profile a decision should be made as to whether or not you might benefit from a blood thinner during the early post-operative period. Ask both your plastic surgeon and gynecologist what they think and take their advice. Safety, of course, is paramount. Best wishes.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Scheduling Mommy Make Over

The difficulty in scheduling this combination is not uncommon. Both surgeons have to arrange their schedule in order to coordinate these type of procedures. If your plastic surgeon normally operates at a specific facility which has set costs for a Mommy Make Over he or she will need to redo the pricing for the facility in which your procedures will be done. It would be best for you to contact your plastic surgeon and find out what progress is being made. Good luck

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Scheduling surgery with two doctors.

Thanks for your question.

It's often quite challenging trying to get two surgeons together in the same room at the same time especially when different type of surgery are being performed.    Keep in touch with each of your doctors and be patient, I'm sure they'll do their best to help you.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Hysterectomy With a Mommy Makeover

Combined operations in general have a higher #complication rate and its difficult to determine what the possible complication rate can be.  That being said, some doctors are not always in agreement to #combine #gynecology and #cosmetic procedures together in one surgery time.

Also, timing can be difficult for the both doctors. Also, the hospital or surgery center fees may be higher for the cosmetic portion as the gynecology procedure is frequently an insured expense while the facility may not  offer cosmetic cash discounts as some do. 
All in all, combining these procedures is a possibility but all depends on the patient and both doctors' opinion.

Scheduling a Hysterectomy and Mommy Makeover in Melbourne, Florida

Coordinating the schedule of two surgeons can often be challenging and is definitely not indication of a red flag. Often times, most surgeons already have busy schedules and once something has to be rescheduled, it can even be a little more challenging. I would not stress out about scheduling regarding the hysterectomy and Mommy Makeover as it is commonly done in combination…I would simply discuss it with your plastic surgeon and also your gynecologist. Hopefully this is helpful to you. Best of luck!

Amy Ortega, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

I do not believe this is a red flag at all.  Just consider that if each surgeon is excellent, and individually busy, that it can be quite a task to coordinate a combined surgery for you.  If they have worked together on these cases many times before, the wait can be worth it as they will be a very coordinated surgical team for you when it comes to your surgery, which is your end goal.  
Be patient and remain proactive and I believe it will all work out for you.
Garrett A. Wirth, MD, MS, FACS

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

In special cases, a mommy makeover can be done concurrently with a hysterectomy.

Considering the health of the patient and the magnitude of each procedure considered, there are circumstances where this can be done.

Coordinating a hysterectomy with mommy makeover

You do not say what the mommy makeover will entail, but one can assume a tummy tuck.  combining a tummy tuck and a hysterectomy can be done. However, hospital schedules are notoriously difficult to work with and pricing is also difficult to keep firm.  Hang in there, and try to be flexible.  Best of luck. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon