Do I need a breast lift, apart from a breast augmentation? (Photos)

I'm getting my breast done in August, saline implants, and my surgeon said I might need a breast lift. I just want a couple more opinions. Also, is saline the best option for aysmetrical breast?

Lift or not

I would consider doing silicone and maybe also some of your own fat to adjust for size and add more cleavage and fullness on top.Silicone is the best.If your nipples are uneven your suregon can take out a small ellipse over the lower nipple to raise it.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift, apart from a breast augmentation?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants).
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Lift or not?

You are a challenge since you have quite a bit of volume difference and are borderline needing a lift on your larger side. The advantage to saline is being able to vary the volume in the OR to try to get your volumes even. You need to make sure you are comfortable with your surgeon and the plan. Good luck.

Breast augmentation

You would most likely get a good result with breast augmentation but you need to be see in person to determine that. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

A breast augmentation will help with the volume asymmetry and you may need a small areola lift as well. Hard to say  without an exam.

No breast lift needed

Dear Lizzy1995,
It does not appear that you will need a breast lift.  The volume difference in your breasts can be addressed with saline implants or different sized silicone gel implants.  Good luck!

Breast implants alone may help with the illusion of a lift

Saline or silicone breast implants are both good options to correct asymmetry. From the pictures you posted, it appears that you could at the very least get the illusion of a lift with implants alone. If after 9 months, when the implants have fully settled, you feel like your breasts should be perkier, you could always get a lift at that time. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Based on the size implant that you are thinking about an augmentation by itself may be all that you need.  If the implant is placed in the subfascial or subglandular plane you may get more lift.  However, this would then argue more for a silicone implant.Best of luck.

James L. Moore, MD
Athens Plastic Surgeon