I'm 6 weeks post op, and my breasts have not gotten better, in fact my right side is looking worse! (Photo)

Breast Asymmetry Post Mommy Makeover

#Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation or #AugmentationMastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing.

But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. 
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

Asymmetric healing

It is not uncommon for each breast to heal/drop at a different rate. However, if things are still not improving at 6 weeks, I would certainly advise you to share your concerns with your surgeon who can assess your situation in person. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Appearance change postop

Hello, your appearance could change for months after surgery.  However, if you are noticing that things are not improving or actually seem to be getting less symmetrical, your surgeon will be the best source of advice and support.

Breast augmentation post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

Its too early to talk about results with only 6 weeks post op. In my practice, after performing a breast augmentation I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast asymmetry

At 6 weeks, scar tissue can be at its most robust. I agree that there is considerable asymmetry but would initially recommend conservative treatments such as manual massage or ultrasound. 3 months would be the earliest to consider revisionary surgery.

Richard Hainer, MD
Rochester Plastic Surgeon

I'm 6 weeks post op, and my breasts have not gotten better, in fact my right side is looking worse!

YES! Appears as a serious asymmetry. Best to seek only in person opinions>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lift with implants

I see your concern and you need to speak with your PS.  Although it can take several
months for implants to settle, you may need revisionary surgery.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you have had a breast lift with implants.  At six weeks post-op though, it is too soon to assess the results of your surgery.  If at around the three month mark you are still dissatisfied with your results, please be sure that you discuss the possibility of a revision with your surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Thanks for your pictures.  It can take several months for your implants to fully settle after surgery.  However, at 6 weeks, an evaluation with your surgeon is warranted to discuss your concerns.  If the left implant does not improve with time, surgical intervention may be needed.

Naveen Setty, MD

Unhappy with result of breast implants and lift

Thank you for asking about your breast implants and lift.

• It appears that you have had a breast lift and implants and that one implant has settled, the other not.
  • This can take time - months in fact.
  • And at times it needs surgery to release the tissue around the implant.
  • Six weeks is a good time to see your surgeon, discuss the problem and what should be done and when to try to improve this to your satisfaction.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.