Do I have symmastia? 4 weeks post op (Photos)

I am 4 weeks post op breast augmentation. I am very worried that I may develop symmastia. My sternum is raised up, and I have not dropped fully. Could it just be swelling of the sternum? If so will it go down when I drop and fluff?

Mono Boob?

Mono Boob is the layman term for synmastia. It is when the pockets meet or converge in the middle. It is a rare complication.

You do not appear to have this. It looks like swelling in the breast bone or sternum area. So this is good news!

I recommend you follow your doctors recommendations. Keep a close eye on everything. But don't worry. I suspect Mono Boob will not be a problem for you.

Dr. Chris Saunders 

Mono Boob?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Chris Saunders 

Symmastia? 4 weeks post op

Congratulations on your recent breast augmentation.   In the photos, you appear to have a moderate amount of normal post operative swelling but not true symmastia.  I think that you are going to have a great result!  Unfortunately, swelling takes longer to resolve in some patients.   Best of luck on your continued recovery. 

Symmastia? 4 weeks post op

Swelling

It does not look like you have symmastia, it looks like you have swelling. Give it time to settle down. 

Swelling

Synmastia?

Hello, it is difficult to see the crease in many of the photos due to shadows and the angle,  In the one head-on view of the entire chest there appears to be a defined (albeit narrow) gap between the breasts, which is not the typical appearance of synmastia.  Your surgeon can follow this along with you.

Synmastia?