Is there a specific weight limit for a Breast Augmentation? (photos)

Hello, new here! I'm 23 (24 in August yay!), 5'1, and 85-90lbs. I have been trying to do TONS of research regarding a breast augmentation. It is all very confusing and i do plan on making an appointment for a consultation with a PS in my area, but i was wondering if there is generally a weight limit for a Breast Augmentation. I am right around AAA/AA cup. i know there isn't much information and i would have to have someone take a look, but generally speaking is there?

Excellent TUBA candidate

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be an excellent candidate for trans umbilical breast augmentation procedure. In this procedure, saline breast implants are placed under the muscle of your breasts through the umbilicus or navel. Based on your pictures provided, you seem to have an umbilical hernia which would be repaired at the same time providing you with an "innie". The only drawback of the TUBA procedure is saline implants must be used. This is an idea for a patient that wishes to have a modest improvement in size, in your case possibly a full B or small C cup. 

No Weight Limits for Breast Augmentation.

Thank you for the question and pictures. I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant type/size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery (after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers).
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Hello ! good for you-- doing your homework!

Hello. I am proud of you doing research on the topic! This will help you when you have your face to face consultations. There is no lower weight limit-- but wow-- you are slender! The size of the implant should be proportional, and the base- or "Footprint" has to fit on your chest! Having said that, as slim as you are, any  implant you choose will be a wonderul and look "bigger" on you than the same size implant on a person weighing just 10-15 pounds more! Good Luck!

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Choosing an implant, choosing a surgeon, getting the best results

There is no weight limit for breast augmentation that you have to meet.  Try sizers on and find something that fits your body.

Choosing breast implant size

There is not a weight limit for breast augmentation surgery, as long as you are in good health and cleared for surgery. In terms of selecting the right size implant, with your very petite frame, it is crucial that you choose implants that are not too large for your body. If you choose implants that are too large for your body, then you will increase the risk of complications. But with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon, you should be able to choose implants that give you the breast size and shape you are looking for, while being safe.

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Is there a specific weight limit for a Breast Augmentation?

From your photos you seem to be a great candidate for breast augmentation surgery. There is no weight limit to having breast augmnetation surgery. You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

No Weight Limit

There is lower weight limit for breast augmentation as long as you are well-nourished and healthy. Your thin body type will limit the size of implant you can use and still have a natural breast augmentation in proportion to the rest of your body.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Too skinny for breast augmentation?

Good question. While you are not too thin for breast augmentation, I recommend that you choose implants they're not too big because of your petite frame. Seek advice from a board certified plastic surgeon.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Weight limit and breast augmentation

If you are healthy and your weight is stable, then weight( low) should not be an issue. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Breast Augmentation

Greetings. There may not be a cut off number for minimum weight. Every situation is different. Your overall health would also play a factor. These items can be discussed at length with your plastic surgeon during the consultation.   Good luck!

Ravinder Jarial, DO