Will a small lift under local anesthetic and in the minor or fix this? Or will I need a full lift? (photos)

I'm about three weeks out after having surgery. I was born with polands syndrome and have always been pretty sad about my breast and all they've kept me from doing ever since hitting puberty. This was my fourth surgery and really hoped it was going to be my last. I went it wanting two things accomplished. One, my nipple placement and two, the "roundness" of them matching. I keep getting told that the nipple will come up a bit after the implant settles some more.

Breasts lift ?

Dear vb,                                                                                                                                                                Thanks for submitting your before and after pictures. From observing the pictures,  it is quite obvious that got bigger implants. Usually, when I increase the implants size significantly, like in you case, I perform capsulotomy ( scar release ) as well , to make more room for the new implants. If indeed capsulotomy was performed, especially inferiorly, than with doing implants displacement massage, there is a very good chance that the crease will go down and consequently, the nipple will appear higher. It will take 2-3 months for it to occur.                                                                                                                                                           If inferior capsulotomy was not performed, than, unfortunately, what you see is what you get. To achieve nipple symmetry, you will have to have mini lift (donut, Benneli) redone. The procedure can be done under local anesthesia, if you can tolerate the discomfort of the local anesthesia injection. In my practice I do it under general anesthesia or at least IV sedation for patient's comfort.                                                                            All the best,                                                           Dr Widder                                        

Breast shape

Thank you for your question . Since it is only three weeks since your surgery it is too early to determine your final result . Waiting three to six months to let the implants settle will help your surgeon determine if a lift is needed and what type . I know it is difficult to play the waiting game but it is important to let nature take it's course . Talk to your surgeon about your concerns .

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Symmetry

First, it would be nice to know what you started with. I will say that the nipple will not come up higher than it is .  A small areola lift may be necessary.

Wait a few months

It looks like you may need a bit more lift but waiting 3 months is the right thing to do. It is easy to lift a nipple higher but much harder to try to lower one. Yes it can be done in the office. So far things look great. Try to relax and please update us on your progress.

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon