Can I revise to a full TT after mini TT?

Had mini TT (3mnths ago)per Dr suggestion. Hated loose skin above csec after twins. Loose skin above scar is gone now but now in have wrinkling and twisted skin below and around bb when I lean over or sit. I wanted tt to fix how it looked when i sit/lean. Bikini etc. It's looks worse now. I think it's bc loose skin ab bb is distorting. With not much loose skin left below bb now what are my options for correction? Bc it's really ugly. Saggy and lumpy.

Really depends on examination

The quick answer is "yes"- you can always get a full tummy tuck after a mini tummy tuck.  If we aren't alking about a lot of excess skin, you may be able to have what's called an umbilical float tummy tuck that will prevent you from having a vertical component to your overall scar.  Your belly button would end up being an inch or two lower than where it sits on your torso now, so if you have a low-lying belly button to begin with, this is not a good option.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon that feels comfortable and gets beautiful results with all permutations of tummy tucks- they are not "one size fits all".  Hope this helps.

Redo tummy tuck

Dear Robin,   Sorry for your unhappy outcome with the mini tummy tuck surgery. I have been in practice for 29 years and performed tummy tuck surgery on over 1000 patients. Out of this number, maybe 3-4 were mini tummy tuck. The indication for mini tummy tuck are extremely small and are very rare among women who delivers children.   The answer to your question is very simple. Since you are very unhappy with your present outcome, consider getting a full tummy tuck.    Consult only with experienced board certified plastic surgeon who do lots of redo tummy tucks in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent  and attractive with flat stomach, nice belly button, tight and youthful skin and low scar.   Such surgery in the right expert hand, will be one of the best investment in yourself. It will increase your self confidence, sense of femininity and will make shopping fun again, especially of bikinis...                              Best of luck,                                                 Dr Widder

Mini tummy tuck to full tummy tuck

A mini tummy tuck can be converted to a full tummy tuck if enough time has lapsed between the procedures. Mini tummy tuck is less recovery but does not treat the upper abdominal tissue. A full tummy tuck does it all with longer recovery.

Full tummy tuck after mini

It sounds like the solution to your problem will be to undergo a full tummy tuck procedure. This will address the loose skin over your entire abdomen.  This procedure will also allow for  tightening of the muscles.  Seek consultation from board-certified plastic surgeon. If you're not satisfied with the recommendations from your existing surgeon, you can always get a second opinion. Best wishes to you!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your inquiry. absolutely a TT can be done after a mini TT. I understand your frustration you have that tight skin under the VB but above it and to the sides are most likely very loose. Not only that by comparison with the lower abdomen skin it will seem worse. Mini TT seem like a great idea but for many patients the mini TT can leave the abdominal area looking unbalanced. One of the main questions that will have to be answered for you is the timing of when to do the procedure. if the tissue are still swollen and stiff it would be helpful to wait 3-6. Months to allow them to loosen up. An exam would be needed to make that call. Good luck and let me know if I can help.

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon