Can you recommend an excellent plastic surgeon here in the US or in the DR?

I'm 46 and interested in getting a makeover (TT, BBL, Liposuction and BA). I'm looking for an excellent doctor w/good track record. Thinking about the DR, however I'm reading lots and lots of horror stories. The DR is cheaper than US; and some of the work is great. Also reading horror stories of top doctors here in the US as well, Any suggestions? Doctors I narrowed down in the DR are Dra Duran, Jose Leon, and Yilly. Any recommendations? Any recent deaths or flesh mutilating infections?

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Selecting a Plastic Surgeon for a Mommy Makeover in the US or in the DR

Your #MommyMakeover should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures you are seeking. For instance, a plastic surgeon who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery is suitable to perform your #BreastAugmentation. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. Also, it may be in your best interest to not #travel out of the country for such procedures. Unless, you know the doctor or facility where the procedures take place well or have a previous experience with them, there is an increased chance of problems, #complications, or #emergencies which may lack the necessary attention as you would acquire easier within the United States. 

How to find a good plastic surgeon and medical tourism

While, I am sure that there are many good plastic surgeons in the DR- travelling for cosmetic surgery is a bad idea. One of the main issues is that if there are complications, then the surgeon that operated on you, is no longer easily available. The second issue is that doctors in the US are held to higher standards when operating and you are truly getting what you pay for in this case. 

Start with the American Society of Plastic Surgery website and find a few board certified plastic surgeons. You will find one that meets your criteria.

Good luck!

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Who will do your follow up and take care of you in the states

The biggest problem is what do you do when you have problems and you are back in the USA? No doctor here will want to see you and the ER is not any real help. So you save some money up front and then are going to be flying back to DR if you need something! The docs in the DR will not want to see you since follow up is not part of their business model. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your mommy makeover. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in body contouring procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see who you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.

Hello Dear, thank you so much fro your questions and pictures.

To choose a plastic surgeon must take into account multiple factors being one of the most important indicators medical training and experience.

The certification of official societies is another very important criterion, but will be the study before you make your final decision according to your goals and expectations, and the surgeon what guarantees the success of your surgery.

Hope to hear from you soon , best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Find the right surgeon in the US- Always insist on a board certified surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Let your surgeon decide with you about if it is safe or not for you to undergo surgery. 

Dr Derby

thnk you for your question. There are lots of great surgeons in the DR .... i consider myself one as well :-)

I think it is important to check up regarding complication with every doctor that has your interest. It is also very important to check the facilities where the surgeon will operate on you. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Plastic Surgeon in DR 23 years of experience

Thank you for your question, and I am glad to answer it. Your health is the most important part of all of my procedures. In 23 years of practice, none of my patients have experienced any issues after surgery. I always make sure to provide quality and health above all. That being said, we still have doctors in the US to assist you should any issues arise as well. I am a board-certified practitioner and part of my studies are shown here in realself, but most of my work and studies are in my website and before and after photos on my instagram, feel free to take a look. If you need further assistance or translation, you can contact us, we will be happy to assist you with anything.

Dr. Kenneth Schimensky, MD

Kenneth Schimensky, MD

US or DR

Greetings,

In both places they are excellent plastic surgeons and bad plastic surgeons like in other places in the world. In my consideration you have to look for a board plastic surgeon, who has good profile, attention with the patients, years of experience, good results, good reviews and that you feel the conection with him or her. Wish you the best of lucks!

Francisco Rodriguez Rosario, MD