Can I get a mini tummy tuck and lipo to fix my physical image? Or what is the fix? (Photo)

Mother of 2 via c-section, weighing 130 usually run 115 but thank depo for the extra weight. I have a pudge in my stomach area I want to shrink. I also have diastis recti I have been doing physically therapy on and off for a year to heal. I'm in the military so im afraid of a full tummy tuck with muscle repair as im required to pass a physical fitness test every 6 months that requires me to do sit ups. And dont want the surgery to affect this...not if I dont sttuggle with the situps now anyway.

Is a mini for me?

Thank  you for your question and the photos.. I'll be honest with you and tell you that a mini is not the right operation for you. Your best results long term would be a full abdominoplasty with repair of the diastasis (plication of the rectus abdominus muscles. This will address all the issues that you have, loose skin, diastasis of the rectus and what looks like may be an umbilical hernia. Addressing the muscles will help with your core tone and likely will relieve pressure on your back. You are a fit person and can expect to heal well. Why not schedule your surgery shortly after your PFT's so as to give you a full 6 months to recover before your next PFT? Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and discuss all your options.Best Wishes,Dr. Morrissey

Mini Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with Vaser H definition liposculpture to your hips and back.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Full tummy tuck

Looks like you would benefit from a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening for a flatter abdomen and better results,please consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

Tummy Tuck

Hi Sheso,

Thank you for the pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. I suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

From these pictures it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. A mini tummy tuck would be a waste of money. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them.  

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area 
#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

TT with repair of the wall muscle

Thank you for your questions and sharing your photos. You are a candidate for having a TT, a mini TT won't b the right procedure for you. After 3 months you are able to go back to your normal physical activities.

Rafael Lluberes Freites, MD

Mini Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck, not a mini. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Candidate for Mini Tummy Tuck

Based on your photo, you appear to be a candidate for full abdominoplasty. Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to review your options. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - Can I get a mini tummy tuck

Based on your photos you will need a full TT with repair of the diastasis even to get close to the result you want.  Your photos appear to be demonstrate a diastasis visible through the skin; if confirmed on physical exam then a full TT will be the only procedure that is warranted for you.  Lipo can be done at the same time but a mini TT will not even begin to address what are presumably your concerns. You would of course need to be assessed in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon.  I hope that this helps and good luck, Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Dr Derby

Thank you for the photos and your question. You are a candidate for a full Tummy Tuck and lipo. You can perfectly do sit ups starting from 3 months after your procedure , so there is no problem with your physical tests. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD