Inverted nipples. Good doctors and price quote? (Photos)

I'm 18 and both of my nipples are inverted. I'm looking into getting the corrective surgery. I am looking for good places to go in Virginia and a good price range. I don't want to be put to sleep though. So any suggestions would be helpful.

Doctor Answers 2

#Nipple Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Nipple inversion - need them corrected

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for asking about your correction of inverted nipples.
  • Please see a plastic surgeon in your area -
  • Go to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons to find qualified plastic surgeons near you.
  • Their offices will give you the price that the surgeon charges.
  • It can be done with local anesthesia in the office - the technique used will depend on whether you want to be able to breast feed in the future or not.
  • Preservation of breast feeding makes surgery a little more complex and results a little less predictable -
  • The inversion is the resulf of short milk ducts, lack of tissue support of the milk ducts or both.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.