Would a gum reshaping help my smile? (Photo)

I just got my braces of and some parts of my gum lays low, other cover too much. Will gum reshaping improve my smile? Also what would be a rough estimate for me? And are there any serious risk involved, I don't want to loose the teeth I paid thousands for lol

Gummy Smile Correction

Thank you for your question and your photos. I see you just finished orthodontic treatment and normally I ask my patients to have a cleaning soon thereafter and we monitor your gums for changes as the gums become healthier from the therapy you just underwent. I would recommend a minimum of 8 to 12 weeks of healing before your gums are examined for smile enhancements due to gummy smile. The most ideal specialist for this is a periodontist with experience in gummy smile correction. Good luck!

Gum lift

from the pictures you have provided ,
you will benefit from gum lift
( gingivectomy/Ethetic crown lengthening ) procedure.   Some of your teeth appear shorter than they really are ( covered by gum tissue / excess bone) 

as with any surgery there are some risks assiciated with this procedure; 
-  Gum recession
- Tooth mobility
-  post surgical discomfort/ swelling/ brusing 

for best results you will need to get a referral to a board certified periodontist

all the best 

Elly Tehrani, DMD, MSD
Toronto Periodontist