Fat transfer to lips - Bottom lip has a big lump, maybe an old wound? It looks terrible. What can I do?

Lump in lip after fat transfer

Hello texascowgirl,Sorry to hear that you're having issues after your procedure.  Fat transfer is not an exact science.  The full amount transfered does not always remain viable and at times you may find more remains in one area compared to another.  It's possible the lump you are concerned about is an area where more fat was retained.  Without a photo it is very difficult to say otherwise. I would suggest seeing your plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  Surgical removal may be indicated.  Best of Luck!Dr. Rednam

Fat transfer to lips

The problem with fat transfer is that it is not an exact science. Sometimes too much stays and sometimes too much is lost. Discuss this with your doctor. It can be removed surgically. This is why I prefer HA fillers for the lips.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fat Transfer to Lip

I appreciate your concern but photos and a more detailed history would be helpful. Fillers or fat transfer are possible options for you. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Fat transfer and lump

There are not many details in your description. It is best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  Unfortunately without a series of photographs or knowledge of the timing since your fat grafting it is difficult to offer definite recommendations.  If within 3 months of surgery I would allow your results time to mature as some fat loss will occur and my leave you with a more acceptable appearance.  If only a few days from surgery you need to allow any residual swelling to dissipate before judging your results, but if it has been several months, you may need to have some of the fat surgically excised with a small in-office procedure.  Hope that this helps.