Would taking the fat from my breasts be optional for liposculpture?

I will be taking the fat from my inner thighs , arms, back, and other areas and transferring them to my buttocks. Is it optional to take the fat from my breasts also?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

The answer of course is no. Breast is not an area to be harvested for fat. 

Breast are a very complex structure form by fat, glands and ducts, is very delicate.

Lipo in the breasts is limited to treat some deformities.

The scarring from a lipo in the breasts may difficult the scanning for cancer prevention, in my opinion.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Fat transfer

Fat grafting from the breast is not done since it might contain glandular breast tissue. Liposuction of the breast can be done to help reduce a large breast in many women.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposculture Breast Liposuction

Breast tissue is formed by Parenquimal (glandular) tissue and fat tissue, but its not possible just to aspirate the fat tissue; so liposuction of the breast to be grafted into the buttocks is not an usual practice.

Kemil Issa, MD

Fat Transfer To Breasts & Liposculpture

The combination of Liposculpture and Fat Transfer is especially powerful, when transferring to the Breast.  With the development of VASER Hi Def and 4D VASER Hi Def, we have seen a powerful combination.  You can expect about one breast size improvement from the fat transfer to the breast alone.  Add in shaping the fat around the breast which is something we call VASER Hi Def Breast Augmentation, we shape and even lower the fat area around the breast, often giving the perception of an additional size increase.  This also is powerful in reshaping the breast and it's surrounding fatty tissues!

No liposuction of the breasts

Liposuction of the breasts is not ideal in that it changes the shape of the breasts in a negative way.

Fat transfer

I transfer fat from everywhere except the breasts.  This is because when liposuctioning breast tissue actual breast cells are removed.  We do not know their viability after transfer to another region.  I do not believe there is enough evidence to support the safety of this procedure.  For now I discard the breast fat.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Taking fat from the breasts

I have been doing lipo for over 30 years and for a long time lipo of the breasts was contraindicated or greatly frowned upon. In my opinion, today there are a few indications to liposuction the breast, including removal of extra breast tissue at the upper part of the breast joining the armpit, the lateral breast and lateral chest area in some moderate breast reduction. Liposuction in the breast creates scar tissue and interruption of the ductal system that can be problematic in monitoring a breast for breast cancer. Once liposuction the breast deflates and sags, usually requiring a skin tightening procedure. Breast volume reduction can be much more easily addressed during a skin tightening procedure and is usually the standard of care to create smaller breasts. In contrasts, breast augmentation using liposuction fat is an amazing procedure and can create breast volume enhancement much more like a natural breast with only very small entrance wounds, no scars and is currently my preference for breast augmentation when possible.

William J. Seare, MD
Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer and Breast, Buttock, Face, Body

I suggest going to a well trained fat transfer expert, they can take from any area there is excess fat.  you want someone who has a lot of experience and uses the latest technologies for harvesting including the use of PRP to enhance the longevity of the fat.  Best, Dr. Emer.