Should I be concerned about my incision? (photos)

I'm 5 days post op, have an appointment with my PS on Thursday but I feel as though my incisions are not right, should I be concerned that they don't round it at the bottom? I have yet to find another photo of someone who has incisions that look like mine. I'm very happy with my results so far with the exception of the incisions. Will they fill out once my implants drop and settle?

Augmentation incisions

It is really early in your recovery and too soon to tell what your scars will look like . It is important to be patient and trust your surgeons experience and expertise . Let them guide you and help you with any concerns that you may have . I would not worry more than likely this will settle out . 

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fold asymmetry and deformity

Dear nicnic,
  Thanks for submitting your picture and sorry for your concerns. 
  From observing your picture, indeed, the fold is deformed on both sides, though more on the left side. 
 As was mentioned in the previous comments, you are very early in the healing process, however, the appearance of the folds is not normal. There is a chance that the indented part of the fold will relax with time and create harmonious fold.
 It might take 2-3 months to improve and implant displacement massage can enhance the speed of it happening.
 Unfortunately, there is the possibility that it will not improve spontaneously and you might need to have revision. It is good to discuss this issue with your surgeon early on and it could give you peace of mind.
                                           Dr Widder

Breast incisions

Thank you for your question and for the photo.  Unfortunately, your incisions are not visible.  I assume you are talking about the flattening or dented appearance underneath.  If so, it is very early and the breasts and implants settle over several months so I would suggest relaxing and allowing them to heal.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

I think you need to be patient and wait 6 months and see how things turn out. I do understand your concern though

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Implant Incisions

Your incisions are not even visible in this photo. Your implants will drop and settle in over the next few months and the shape will change a lot. Be patient and continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

I can not see your incisions in your photos.  Implants will likely drop with time. Best of luck with your incisions and healing.

YES appears there is an issue. Seek your appointment and call the office to notify something NOT right so they leave enough time to discuss your issues.

Breast augmentation and incisions

You are so early in your post operative course that things are likely to change. What is likely to happen in the coming 2-3 months is for your implants to drop slightly and for the incisions to become better hidden. You should talk to your surgeon and follow their recommendations. Good luck!

Seems OK

From the photos and your early recovery after breast augmentation.
It looks like this will all settle down with time.

Breast augmentation incisions

Your incision has likely been closed in layers to support your skin down to the underlying structures. This maintains the implant in place while it starts to heal. The incision usually relaxes and develops a natural curve over weeks and months. If you have further concerns, you should talk to your plastic surgeon about this. I think it would make you feel much more confident about your final result.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon