Are my breasts tuberous or just small? What would you do to make them more 'normal' looking? (photos)

I am 30 years old with no kids. I have always been self-conscious and shy about my breasts. Not really that bothered about their size, just the shape. Since i have puffy areolas, it is impossible to wear no bra under my tops. Just came across the term 'tubular breasts', but not quite sure whether mine fit into that category or not. Would be more than grateful if you could give me advice on how to make them more standard looking.

Tuberous breasts?

Your photos do not appear to show the classic tuberous breasts but the diameter of the base of each breast is small. It may require that the undersurface of the breast glands be "scored" which means incised to allow the narrow breast gland to drape over the breast implants for a natural appearance.

When pursuing your goals, plan to consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate considerable experience with breast implant surgery.

Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Are your breast normal looking?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos. A standard breast augmentation should help give your breasts fullness and a shape you are happy with. Your areolas may appear less puffy after you have healed or if not, you could consider a procedure to reduce this. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your goals and concerns.

All the best

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It does not appear to me that you have tuberous breast deformity; your breasts are simply small in size. You do look like a good candidate for a modest breast augmentation to slighty increase the size and volume of your breasts and achieve a more pleasing shape. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements so they can recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts .

Thank  you for your question . If you are self conscious about your breast shape and size you may want to consider a breast augmentation . I donot think you have Tuberous  breasts just a little puffiness to the areola . Everyone's breasts are different and I think your breasts look fine . It may be helpful to you to learn more about Breast augmentation and discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can weigh your options and make an informed decision .  

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Concerns

Sanjaki.   Your breasts are somewhat small with firm prominent nipples,  but they are attractive and you do not have tuberous breasts. Your options are breast augmentation under the muscle, or do nothing at all! Check out the link below if you are considering breast augmentation to help understand your options.  Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon if you do consider breast augmentation. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast Augmentation

Based on the submitted photos you do not appear to have tuberous breasts.  A standard breast augmentation should help flatten the areolar complex.

John Burns, MD

Tubular?

I do not think that they are tubular, but your areola are puffy. They can be reduced a bit with a circumareola approach. 

Breasts are not tuberous

Thank you for your question. You do not have tuberous breasts. There are ways to get an adjustment in your shape i.e.your nipple and aerola area of which you voiced concern. Some things to consider would be fat grafting into the breast or a tightening of the aerola with a periaerola pexy (though this kind of scarring may not be worth the correction you desire.).   See a board certified plastic surgeon for a good consult. Make sure your choice looks at long term benefits. 

Dr. Marcus Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Normal Breast

I don't think you have tuberous breasts. Fat transfer might be a good option for you. It can improve the shape of your breast and add some volume as well. Implants are another option.  The link below will show you some fat transfer results. 

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon