Are my breasts deformed? (Photo)

I am a 27 yo female. I have considered surgery but I didn't yet. My left breast is way smaller than my right to the point im embarrassed to show them. It effects my self esteem & I definately am open to any suggestions. My nipples are weird too. I breast 6 years ago and it got more obvious. Please help...

Breasts assymetrical

You are like 95% of women in the world in that your breasts don't match.You have a difference in size and your breasts tend to sag so a lift and perhaps an aug would be something to consider.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Ptotic breasts

You have sagging breasts that could benefit from a lift. Depending upon what you want, you may opt to get an implant or implants in the two to balance the volume, or get a reduction in the larger side etc..

I don't think your breasts are deformed, just different

Rather than use the word "deformed," which to me implies something that is different from the "normal" anatomy, I would say that you have pretty significant asymmetry - your breasts are just very different from one another, although each in its own right looks normal for a 27 year old lady who has breastfed.  As we say in the business, you have "sisters and not twins," or in your specific case one could even say you have "cousins" instead of sisters! :)  

As far as what to do about them, I think it would be something that would best be addressed with a surgical procedure, but as far as what kind of procedure, this is something that can only be determined after personal consultation and examination.  My expectation, based upon the images that you have shown, is that you will want to undergo a lifting procedure along with placement of breast implants, and you need to bear in mind that since the two breasts are very different going into this, they will need very different things done to them in surgery to arrive at something more similar afterward.  This may entail some reduction of the larger breast with the lift (lift and reduction are actually the same kind of procedure pretty much) compared to the smaller, and/or different sized implants too.  This is why it is very important to consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can properly evaluate you and advise you on your options.  Not only should your surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, but he or she should also voluntarily participate in the Maintenance of Certification program administered by that board. This is the best way to know that your surgeon not only has the best training and experience for the procedure, but that he or she has maintained currency in the certification requirements as opposed to practicing on a "lifetime" certificate which has only been reviewed once at the beginning of his or her career. For more information on this you can visit ABplsurg.org or ABMS.org. Good luck.

Breast assymmetry

A breast lift on the left paired with a breast reduction on the right would help correct the asymmetry. Breast lift and breast reduction operations both make the breast smaller. In breast reduction surgery, one is actually trying to reduce the size of the great; in breast lift surgery one is trying to reduce the breast as little as possible while still lifting the breast.

Breast shape

Thanks for your question. In my opinion your breast don't look deformed just different. Are they the classic breast shape, no. With that said there is a lot that could be done to make them look great and more symmetric. Good luck 

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Are my breasts deformed?

Hi... thank you for the question and photos... No, your breast are not deformed, You have Breast Ptosis, witch could be treated with Breast lift with silicon gel implants for the upper pole fullness with Nipple Areola complex correction in the same procedure.

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Asymmetric breasts

Your photos do demonstrate significant asymmetry. In my opinion- you would benefit from breast reduction/lift on a larger side, and a lift on a smaller. Your areola size can be reduced at the same time. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam/ consultation.

Are my breasts deformed?

Your breasts are not deformed, all women have some degree of breast asymmetry. You can surgically address this by having a lift with a small reduction on the bigger breast.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Are my breasts deformed?

Your breast are not deformed, just 2 different sizes.  The most simple and straight-forward procedure would be to lift both breasts and slightly reduce the size of your Right breast to match your Left.  If you want larger breast, a lift with 2 different size implants can be done.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Are my breasts deformed?

Your breasts are not at all deformed, they simply are not symmetrical.  Almost no woman has complete symmetry of her breasts, but in some that asymmetry is more pronounced than others, such as with your breasts.  This could be easily corrected depending on your desires for breast size and fullness of the upper part of the breasts.  The most simple and straight-forward procedure would be to lift both breasts and slightly reduce the size of your R breast to match your L.  Alternatively, implants could be used along with a lift to increase the size of both breasts.  There are many options that could help to improve the appearance of your breasts and meeting with an experience board certified plastic surgeon will help increase your understanding of your options.  Achieving perfect symmetry is not possible but it should be realistic to expect much more symmetry than you have now.  But, again, you are not deformed and many women have the same problem with asymmetry that you do.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon