I'm 27 years old and I'm at the point in my life where I'm tired of being judged for my terrible looks.

I want to know if it's possible to fix my nose make it not smaller just better fitted for my face. I want know there is something I can do about the saggy eyelids I have. I would also like to know if I can fix the overall shape of my face. I'm just at the point now my appearance is effecting my career and my non exsitant love life.

Doctor Answers 4

Unhappy with face

I'm not sure I understand your question. You must know that there are plastic surgeons in this country, in your state and likely in your city that perform cosmetic or corrective procedures. You have posted a general question about being unhappy about some features of your face but posted no pictures. Please consult a facial plastic surgeon in your area for a comprehensive consultation and discussion of realistic expectations. I would also advise consultation with a mental health professional to address your dissatisfaction with your appearance and you linking it to your career and personal life. Any procedures you may have to address specific concerns with your face may not positively impact your personal life or your career advancement.

Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

Not happy with face

It is obviously not possible to answer your question in a forum like this without any photos, or any discussion about your goals. I recommend you visit with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to get an idea about what may be possible for your face. In addition, I highly recommend visiting with a mental health professional to treat any and all factors that may be affecting your career and personal life. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

There are many options for you.

Please do not despair. There are options for enhancing/bringing out the best about you. Everything from inexpensive, at-home application of peels, exfoliations and the like. Most aesthetic offices will give you a free consult, describing a range of treatments based upon a direct face-to-face meeting, so you cannot even claim a lack of funds for not getting some assistance.Take advantage of the services of professionals; see what may be in your budget. A rhinoplasty (nose job) may be in your future but there are other things to diminish the overall prominence of one's nose: make-up, Radiesse to "bridge" that bump in the nose, etc.Good luck!

William E. Shuell, MD
Phoenix OB/GYN
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Cosmetic treatments

Thank you for your question debclint8. There are a variety of cosmetic treatments available for different concerns. Surgical and non-surgical options exist for addressing the size and shape of the nose and sagging of the nose. Non-surgical options include fillers for the nose and various treatments for the eyes such as Botox, fillers, or skin tightening depending on the individual. Fillers and Botox can be used to contour the face. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.