Uplift or fat transfer?

I want to ask your opinion on breast fat transfer. Is it something you recommend? Am I better off having an uplift rather than taking a chance with a fat transfer that might not last. I'm looking for options as I've removed my 400cc implants. Now a small b cup. Small amount of sagging to my breast. The main problem is not sagging but the wrinkled excess skin. I'm four months post op. 36 years old. Size 6 frame.

Uplift or fat transfer?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Fat graft or lift

A lift is good if you have enough tissue to lift. this can be assessed in person. Fat grafting may be an option but it will not lift the breasts.

Fat transfer to breast or lift

It really depend on what you want. If you are happy with your present B cup volume, then I would recommend a breast lift which would reshape you breasts and get rid of the excess skin. If you miss your old volume from your implant and do not want another implant, then fat transfer is a great option and side effect of getting rid of some fat from somewhere that you want it gone. The final volume and look is less reliable than with implants, but it is all natural and give you volume without implant. The choice is yours. Good luck.

Fat or no fat

I think it depends on how big you want to be.Not all of the fat we transfer will survive.I tell my patients anywhere from 40 to 70% will survive.If you want to be big and full then I would consider a composite aug ie fat plus implant.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon