Will Botox remove wrinkles on the forehead?

I have deep wrinkles on my forehead. From an extremely stressful Lifestyle.

Botox for the forehead

Thank you for your question cmstein. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression such as the horizontal lines seen on the forehead when one raises the brows. … SHOW MOREBotox can be placed in the upper forehead to address these wrinkles. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Will Botox remove forehead wrinkles?

Neuromodulators ("wrinkle blocker") like Botox, Xeomin will reduce the appearance of forehead lines.  However, botulinum toxin to the forehead has to be done carefully or the frontalis muscle that lifts the eyebrows can be over relaxed causing brow ptosis and droopy-appearing upper eyelids.  Experienced injectors can determine the best placement and dosing to avoid this problem under most circumstances.  Deep wrinkles won't be completely removed but their appearance will be softened.  Best Regards.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

Will Botox remove wrinkles on the forehead? = Botox alone will NOT #fb #botox #wrinkles

Botox will NOT remove deep wrangles on the forehead alone.

Deep wrinkles in the forehead are usually the result of contraction of the forehead muscle and cracks on the forehead skin itself.

Botox by weakening the forehead muscle, can improve the deep wrinkles in the forehead, but won't remove them because the problem also resides in the skin itself

Weep forehead wrinkles could potentially disappear if treated with dermal fillers like Belotero in addition of Botox. 

Dermal fillers like Belotero, by filing the skin wrinkle itself can significantly improve and sometime remove deep wrinkles i the forehead. 

John Mesa, MD

Botox for Deep Forehead Lines

Forehead lines at rest are called static lines.  Forehead lines that are created (or worsened) with lifting of your eyebrows are called dynamic lines.  A neuromodulator (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) improves dynamic lines by decreasing muscle motion.  

Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has significant cosmetic injection experience.   Novice injectors often inject just the forehead and make your eyelids / eyebrows feel heavy or droop.  If deep static lines are the issue, you may need other options.  

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D. 
Houston, TX

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Forehead Wrinkles

Botox works by weakening the muscles that cause wrinkles. Based on your goals, you may want to consider a combination of both Botox and a dermal filler. Injected dermal filler focus on restoring volume and rejuvenating the look of your features.

I recommend you book a consultation with a qualified injector, to discuss your options. 

Take care.

Botox for forehead wrinkles

Botox is an effective and safe treatment for forehead wrinkles.  It works by relaxing the muscles and giving a natural & smooth appearance.  Best to consult an experienced injector

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Forehead lines.

I hear that questions every single day. Botox is a muscle paralyzing agent. I tell my patients that botox will help lessen those forehead lines and prevent those lines from becoming furrows over time. However, wrinkles are the results of collagen damage. The impact of botox on those lines will be dependent upon how deep those lines are to begin with. Being proactive with response to your appearance is important.

Botox vs endoscopic brow lift

Botox is very easy,popular and often detectable. The most errors occur in the forehead  due to drooping of he brows.this is seen in older patients who may be better suited to an endoscopic browlift. Seek consultation with a boarded facial or general plastic surgeon surgeon who could offer either option. Fillers are not recommended by some experienced injectors due to complications. 

Good luck
J Smythe Rich, MD

J. Smythe Rich, MD
Columbia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead wrinkles

Hi cmstein

Thank you for your question.  Botox works great by relaxing the muscle which is causing your wrinkles.  Botox works about 3-7 days after the injections and only lasts 3-6 months.  It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to find your best treatment option. Best of luck

Botox and forehead

Botox improves the appearance of the forehead by weakening the large muscle under the skin and making the skin appear smoother. I do not like the word remove because this is not a permanent fix and it also improves rather than makes it perfect

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist