160 Lb Weight loss has resulted in lots of loose skin all over.. Can this be corrected now? (photos)

Hello I have lost 160lbs. I would like to have an arm lift, breast lift with implants, a tummy tuck and a Brazilian butt lift. I am currently 248 lbs with my goal weight being 235lbs. I have been at this weight almost 7 months. I AM NOT Seeking to be skinny... just to get rid of the skin that is getting in the way of life. I am 5'5 with no health issues. Thinking about going to Mexico or D.R. if I cannot find a Dr. in the US who is willing to work with larger patients.

After weight loss procedures

First of all congratulations and my deepest admiration for the determination of losing weight, I know it is not easy to achieve it.
You are a wonderful candidate for the whole transformation.
A lot of your current weight is skin. But also you have to acknowledge that your weight is still a bit high to perform a safety procedure. So, I would highly recommend to lose about 10- 15 lbs before surgery. 
Definitely all of the procedures can not be done at once and y ave to be split on stages. 
My recommendation will be to start with the circumferential Tummy tuck, muscle repair and 6 months after whatever single area you want to continue with: back, arms, thighs, breast... 
Be encouraged!!!!

You are just starting a wonderful journey of the new YOU.

Dr. Cardenas

About the Mommy Makeover Procedure

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.
In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

160 pound weight loss and a lot of loose skin

Congratulations on your transformation. It takes a great deal of determination and discipline to experience such or weight loss. Fortunately there are techniques available to recontour and remove the excess skin. There are many well-trained and experienced plastic surgeons in United States who routinely perform this type of surgery.
I think you are close enough to your goal weight to start planning surgery. As you plan your next step and search for the right doctor there are several things that need to be taken into consideration. Multiple surgical procedures can safely be performed at the same time providing; it is done by an experienced, properly trained plastic surgeon with a team who routinely and efficiently performs combination procedures, the patient is properly select
One of the most important factors in performing several procedures at the same time is the length of surgery. Although there is no universally agreed upon time limit most surgeons would probably agree that the limit falls between 4-6 hours. Many surgeons use 5 hours as a limit. Complication rates begin to rise as the length of surgery exceeds this time frame. In order to safely and effectively perform several procedures within this timeframe it is very important that the surgeon and his or her team are highly trained and routinely perform these combinations in an efficient manner.
A very important member of the team is the anesthesiologist. An anesthesiologist who routinely performs with the team understands the various details important to an ideal outcome and ideal postoperative recovery.
In order to properly select patients for lengthy surgical procedure such as this many factors need to be taken into consideration. Some these include the patient's BMI, any history of pulmonary problems, a history of sleep apnea, and the presence of diabetes or heart problems. Every patient should undergo a risk assessment for the development of a DVT (blood clot) and/or pulmonary embolism. If a significant risk is identified appropriate steps must be taken to satisfactorily reduce the risk.
When preparing a patient for a combination procedure it is very important to properly educate them on what to expect during the recovery and the homecare they will need.
Many patients comment that the results of these combinations are truly life-changing. Fortunately today, these life-changing combination procedures can be safely performed as long as it is done by highly trained and efficient surgical teams on properly selected patient's with safety as the primary consideration.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

160 Lb Weight Loss

Thank you for the question. The best candidates for tummy tuck, body lift or any Body Contouring procedures are those that have a substantial amount of loose skin from major weight loss. The loose skin could be surgically removed and greatly improving the contour and appearance of that area. Keep in mind that it is difficult to decide on a surgical plan for a patient without properly examining them. The only way to know is to have a physical consultation with a surgeon where both of you will arrive to a plan that is most fitted to the anatomy of your body. Your measurements dictate everything. This should have little to do with what you WANT but rather what your body can accept. I hope this has helped. Also remember 160lbs is a lot so this is going to be a multistep process. Hope this has helped.

Rady Rahban, MD

160 lb weight loss has resulted in lots of loose skin all over.. Can this be corrected now?

Congratulations on the 160 lb weight loss!  From your photos I believe you could begin getting rid of the loose skin now, as long as you are in good health.  If you want the breasts, arms, tummy and buttock all addressed it would require more than one surgical procedure.  Set up a priority list, as to which areas are most important to you, and your surgeon can set up a plan of action for you.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive body contouring experience.  Bet wishes, Dr Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

160 Lb Weight loss has resulted in lots of loose skin all over.. Can this be corrected now?

You have done well to lose the weight that you have.  I would consult with several plastic surgeons to determine what would be the best course of action.

Hi, thanks for writing.

First I would like to congratulate you on your decision to have lost so many pounds. extreme weight loss has made you have a lot of skin, so a plastic surgery is necessary now. In my opinion you should not operate on you all what you want at the same time, I will propose doing surgery back and tummy tuck first. Them three or four months doing surgery of your breasts and your arms. 

Dr. Marte

Manuel Marte, MD