I had stitches in my top lip after an accident. How can I get rid of the scar? (Photo)

Lip scar expert in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in scar revision. For your lip scar, the most likely options include topical therapy with Plato's Scar Serum, fractional laser, and surgical re-excision and layered closure. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Scars

From the looks of your pics it looks like your scar is healing up well.  On the lip itself, you need to massage it like a marble to break up the scar tissue and give it some time to heal.

Lip Scar Needs Revision

I have no idea what the circumstances were surrounding the original injury or repair, but if I saw this scar in my office I would suggest we attempt revision.  It is thickened and interrupts the hair distribution making it more obvious.
I suggest you find a local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to excise this scar and re-approximate the wound edges carefully in multiple layers.  There is a risk that the scar could develop poorly again, but you surely deserve a chance to make this one better.
Good Luck!

Thomas P. Sterry, MD

This is a difficult scar to correct

Thanks for your question and photos – this is a difficult scar to correct. You need to make an appointment with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon or the equivalent in your country. Whether a scar revision is appropriate or lasers can be used, this needs to be evaluated carefully and carefully treated. Fractional lasers can work here – by skilled providers.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon