Second opinion after tummy tuck lipo aad breast lift?

I had surgery on March 26. I had complications with the lipo. Severe brusing is gone but love handles left with a thick muscle which is swollen which causes pain and unconfort. Feels like dolphin skin. In addition the surgeon needs to remove 2 to 3 large syringe of burgandysh fluid from my back once a week which makes may daily routine harder. He suggested to wear spandex or exercise licra and no lymphatic drainage was recommended.

When to Consider a Revision

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a #revision. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation.The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

Post mommy makeover

At only 3 weeks post surgery it is far too early to be thinking about a revision. Your body need time to heal. The swelling, lumpiness, soreness, numbness can take 3-6 months to go away. This is a part of the normal healing process. Swelling will mask your results at this point so expect final results around 6 months. Be patient, it sounds like your surgeon is take great care of you and a seroma or fluid build up under the skin is not abnormal. Best of luck! Dean Vistnes.  

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Second opinion after tummy tuck...........

you are not quite three weeksand thus very early in the post-operative period. Draining some fluid is almost part and parcel of an abdominoplasty so I would not be too concerned. Your surgeon seems to be looking after you so be patient.

Patrick Briggs, FRCSI(Plast Surg)
Perth Plastic Surgeon

Too early for a second opinion after mommy makeover.

I would agree that you're having your share of postoperative problems. However it is the responsibility of your surgeon to see you through this. Three weeks is too early to be concerned about your care particularly if your surgeon is being attentive.

Need second opinion after March 26 surgery

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

I am sorry things have been hard for you since your surgery.
  • You are 3 weeks after surgery - 
  • You may be a bit early for a second opinion to give you much information.
  • If you have lost faith in your surgeon, you can try to transfer to another surgeon's care.
  • You seem to have a seroma but your surgeon seems to be handling  it correctly.
  • Lymphatic drainage may not be a good idea - it may cause more fluid to accumulate. 
  • The painful area of the liposuction will improve - ask him if a very dilute injection of steroid might help the pain.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Seroma after surgery

Dr. Lee's  response below is the correct one. You have a seroma that will go away, but it needs to be aspirated as your surgeon is doing. On occasion, I will add two drugs (5f/u and kenaloh) to the pocket after aspirating fluid. You might mention this to your surgeon and have him give me a call if he has any questions. Good luck!

Robert K. Sigal, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Postop tummy tuck

You are still very early on in the healing process and it sounds like you have developed a seroma and your PS is aspirating it which is a common thing to do.  I would continue to follow the instructions of your PS.  It is not uncommon to have areas that feel harder than others and you may want to ask your PS about warm compresses and massaging the areas to help soften them over time.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon