Will a breast lift be required with a dd saline augmentation? (photos)

I have a consultation in a couple of days my right side will fill some c cups and the right more like a small b I'm trying to find out if I will have to have a lift with my augmentation. I weigh 170lbs and 5'4 I am pretty broad shouldered. I am thinking I want to go with a dd to make me more proportioned. I don't feel attractive without my clothes on anymore I need a boost in my confidence. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it!

Will a breast lift be required with a dd saline augmentation?

Thank you for the question and picture.  Yes, based on your photograph, you will benefit from breast lifting surgery.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing the breast augmentation/lifting combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.  It will be important that you educate yourself regarding the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Only after doing so can you make an informed decision whether or not to proceed. You will find a lot of information on this website and on the attached link.

Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 

2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Breast lift and implant or fat

Your picture is very helpful. You will lift to make the areola higher, smaller and lift the breast tissue. I offer my patient with similar breast shape the combination of fat grafting and lift. If you had smaller breast and desired to be D cup, implant and lift would be better option. Please see the link

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants options

Thanks for your inquiry and picture.  My advice for you is too have a few consults with extremely experienced board certified plastic surgeons.  You can get a great result but you will need a lift to achieve it in my opinion.  Good Luck.