Do I need a mini, tummy tuck, lipo or just good old fashioned working out? I dislike the stretch marks. 29/no kids (Photos)

I think at one point when I decided to lose weight I lost weight too fast and in an unhealthy way . I always find a way to get back on track with daily cardio, no weight training and try and eat healthy but no real strict diet. Dr's Help me please!

Do I need a mini, tummy tuck, lipo or just good old fashioned working out?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

Many congratulations on your weight loss, the first thing I would recommend is to start exercises, to try to verify if that excess skin is grease, if so then would recommend liposuction. Once you've completed your workout routine and this little bundle of fur is not gone, the best for your body would be a mini tummy tuck, this would give you a flat belly.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Do I need a mini, tummy tuck, lipo or just good old fashioned working out? I dislike the stretch marks. 29/no kids

Well it depends on your goals. Certainly weight loss with exercise is always the best way. I would try that first and see you your tummy responds. Then if you are still not happy either liposuction which is purely a debulking surgery will help or a tummy tuck of some kind to remove the actual skin and fatty tissue. It really just depends on your goals. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Mini TT

Hello Ariel20 and congratulations on your weight loss! I would recommend continuing a healthy lifestyle, working out and eating right first. If you are still unhappy with some excess skin, then I would recommend a mini tummy tuck. Please consult with a board-certified surgeon to see what options are out there for you! I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Abdominal contouring options: Information

Dear Ms. Ariel20,

CONGRADULATIONS on your weight loss! Thank you for your story, questions, and photos.

Assuming you are at your desires and based only  on your photos and without a review of your medical history and physical exam you have several options:

1) Non surgical ( Ultrashape) + no surgery, - stretch marks, loose skin will remain and If you have separation of the rectus muscle this will remain 

2) liposuction plus Vellashape III + minimally invasive, more aggressive, - loose skin, stretch marks and separated muscles will remain.

3) Surgical: depending on the physical exam and your desires either a mini or complete abdominoplasty are options. Both of which would remove excess skin, fat and tighten the muscle.

I suggest you make several appointments  with Bd. Cert. Plastic Surgeons who is also a member of the Am. Soc. for Aesthetic Surgery, denoting by membership, a focus and level of experience in Cosmetic Plastic Surgery.

My best,

Dr. Hardesty, 

Try Diet and Exercise

Thank you for your question! My suggestion would be to try diet and exercise first, but my guess would be that you will still have some excess skin and will require a tummy tuck. The best way to learn about all of your options would be in an person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of Luck! Dr. K

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Thank you for your question and the photos. I would recommend you a mini Tummy tuck , i am afraid that if you would only do lipo the skin will become very saggy and not give you the results you are looking for. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

I need a tummy tuck, lipo, or weight loss?

Continued lifestyle modification with healthier eating habits and regular exercise is my first recommendation.  You may need some help from a sports nutritionist as well as a personal trainer. It has to be something that is sustainable for you. Give it at least 6 months. 

Because you still have weight to lose and have no children, but might someday, I do not recommend a tummy tuck.  Liposuction  can help get rid of your lower abdominal fat excess  and may help you get more motivated. However it will not get rid of your stretch marks. 

Once you are  on track with your lifestyle modification  strategy for several months and your weight has started to stabilize, I recommend having a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon at that point to best assess your options. 

Orna Fisher, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Mini tummy tuck vs lipo

Thank you for your question and pictures. If you are planning on having children one day I am tempted to say just do liposuction to the lower abdomen and have a mini/full tummy tuck after having children.  If you do not plan on having children then I would need to examine you to determine the best surgery but I would lean towards a mini tummy tuck.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck procedure with liposuction to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated, discuss your surgical options, address your goals and work together to create a surgical plan that will best help you achieve that overall look you desire.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD