Will hyaluronidase dissolve juvederm voluma in lips?

I got my lips way too over filled with voluma about a year ago and they are still extremely stiff and unnatural.

#hyaluronidase/ #Juvederm/ #Hyaluronic Acids/ #Facial Fillers

I appreciate your question. Yes, hyaluronidase can be used to dissolve Voluma  in the lips.  Because Voluma  is cross linked differently, repeat injections may be required. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Is hyaluronidase an effective treatment to dissolve Voluma?

yes, hyaluronidase can be used successfully to break down Voluma in the lips and in other areas.  Voluma is more resistant to hyaluronidase and some other products are but it does clear nicely with appropriate dosing and administration technique.  Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase to dissolve Voluma

Yes, Voluma can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  Because Voluma is cross linked differently then other Juvederm products it won't respond as well to hyaluronidase and will typically need repeated treatments.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Voluma and Swelling -- Hyaluronidase and Venus Legacy

It takes a number of treatments to reverse voluma, as this type of cross linking is very tight and needs more hyaluronidase than other fillers. It often takes RF treatment to help improve the results. Please consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Yes. Voluma tends to require a larger amount of hyaluornidase/ Hylenex than other hyaluronic acid fillers but it will work. I don't use Voluma in the lips for this very reason. It is much more rigid than softer lip fillers and can make the lips look overdone and unnatural. Best. 

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase Dissolves Voluma

Hyaluronidase dissolves all types of hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers (the most common HA fillers are are Voluma, Juvederm, Restylane, Restylane Silk, Belotero).  However it takes different amount of hyaluronidase for each filler.  Voluma happens to be least sensitive to hyaluronidase, and for that reason a greater amount of hyaluronidase is needed. It is possible that you will need more than hyaluronidase treatment.  However the bottom line is that you dissolve your Voluma and get back to your baseline. 

As a general rule, you are better off with a thinner filler for the lips.  In our practice we prefer, Juvederm, Restylane, or Restylane Silk for that area. 

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon