What is right cosmetic procedure for me? (photos)

Am I candidate for quick lift, cheek lift or just fillers will be enough to look younger?Thank you.

What is right cosmetic procedure for me?

Hi, based upon the attached photo there does appear to be some jowling oif the face as well as excess fatty tissue towards the nose and lips as well as below the cheeks.  This can create a round shped face.  Based upon the aesthetic principles outlined in my book on facial beauty, a facelift with reduction of the excess fat would thin, re-shape and rejuvenate the face.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured. The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Perlane) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.

Choosing The Proper Procedure For Facial Rejuvenation

Based on the different alternatives you cite, e.g., a cheek lift, filler in the cheeks, or a "quick lift", it seems that your primary focus of concern is your cheeks. However, a closer examination of your face reveals that besides descent of the soft tissues of your mid face, you have significant jowling as well, and generalized fullness and lack of definition in the lower face, and along the jawline.  I therefore believe that an extended SMAS face and neck lift would be the best surgical procedure for you.

Peter Lee, MD, FACS

Quick lift

Based upon your picture it would seem that most of your fullness is in the jowls and lower face. Depending upon the tissue quality you may be able to get away with liposuction alone or potentially Thermi in the jowl and neck area. I would suggest that you see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who can discuss these and other principles of facial aging and recommend changes for you. Quick lift is a marketing term for a company that markets for plastic surgeons, but they do not have a specific procedure. Your best bet is to be sure that your surgeon is board-certified in plastic surgery and not necessarily associated with any marketing firm.

Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

Based on your pictures it appears that you have a degree of cheek and jowl ptosis (drop). I suggest that you consult with a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. Be careful of physicians that are not board certified in plastic surgery. Always ask for certification and training in facial/plastic surgery.

A good place to start is to go to the ABFPRS or ABPS website and look for board certified Facial/Plastic Surgeons.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

The right cosmetic procedure for me

This is hard to say without seeing more photos and in particular without speaking to you to understand what you are trying to achieve.  I think an in person consultation is best.  But I do agree that there is some jowling which could be addressed with a small lifting procedure.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon