What's wrong with my vagina and how can I cure it?

i need your help, im having trouble about my vagina and i am too scared to ask my parents mostly my mum why would i ask my dad soo yee anyways my vulva is purple. on the left its like 2cm long and of the right its like 2 mm only and im scared if its infected or bacteria. i searched it up and i tried so hard how to cure this and i hope i dont have to take a surgery or need to check on a doctor and at the moment its like really itchy

Doctor Answers 6

Do you need a labiaplasty?

There is a trend to have less prominent labia, but this is a matter of choice and there are no medical reasons to do so other than improving your appearance down there. Candidates for a Labiaplasty procedure are women who are concerned about the appearance of their labia or experience discomfort due to exceptionally large or long labia of either the inner our outer lips. Labia unevenness can result in discomfort with intimate contact, chronic rubbing, as well as psychological discomfort, which leads to the inability to wear certain types of tight clothing. Most women live with these symptoms, and actually are not even aware that a certain surgical procedure exists to help to correct this problem and restore their femininity.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 154 reviews

Concerns about your genitals

should be something that should have been picked up on as you growing up.  If this is an acute change, you must see your gynecologist or family doctor.  And if this is a chronic thing that has been present for a long time, discuss with your mum and if not possible, then see if you can be seen at a local clinic such as Planned Parenthood.  "Cures' will be determined by what is considered 'wrong'...

Curtis Wong, MD
Redding Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Weird vaginal appearance & "troubles??" Gee a local Gynecologist

...Must be scary for you! The person who can help you understand what's going on and provide good, workable therapy is your, or your mum's, Gynecologist. I know it's hard to discuss this stuff with a parent ( I have 4 kids..!), but when "...the chips are down..." your folks are there to help. Approach your mum if you can; if you absolutely can't, go to a free women's clinic if one is available, but in any case, SEE A GYN soon ofr the right diagnosis & therapy.

Best wishes,

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA 

See Your Gynaecologist

Thank you for your question, please do not worry anymore, women needs to see their gynaecologist everyday and properly what your experiencing is very common and easily treated.  It maybe nice to have the support one of of your parents as I am sure they would want to help you.  All The Best 

When you need to see your gynecologist, but post to the internet instead

You need to see a gynecologist. Your fears about infection may be real and cannot be resolved at home and will not disappear in secrecy. There is no reason to hide a medical problem from your parents. They want you to be healthy and comfortable and will gladly take you to the doctor.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

What's wrong with my vagina and how can I cure it?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your discoloration issues.  Unfortunately without a full series of photographs or an in-person examination, it is difficult to offer definite recommendations and I would recommend you make an appointment to see your ob/gyn.  Best wishes. 

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.