Rhinoplasty candidate? Profile view

Well, hopefully the third time's a charm! I apologize for the inadequate profile shots I submitted before--I didn't realize how large they had to be. Thanks so much for all the wonderful feedback and advice! I'm really glad I posted on here before booking a consultation :) I've had a few docs tell me that I have a very weak chin, and I'm not sure I agree. I'm Russian, and I could never look Hollywood All-American (Kim Basinger). But I like my heart shaped face because it makes me unique.

Profile view

Hi WillowWhite21, the photo shows good chin projection as well as a straight dorsal profile with proportional tip relationship.  Based on this view, you do not appear to need a chin implant or perhaps even a rhinoplasty.  Of course, nasal refinement is viewed from all perspectives, not just the side view.  Hope this helps!

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Profile improvement

I personally do not see anything wrong with your profile. I would not recommend surgery. Surgery is not an exact science and there are risks involved. In my opinion the risks outweigh the potential benefits of surgery.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidacy Question

Dear Willowwhite21, I recall one of your earlier posts with several photographs including more frontal views and if I recollect correctly I did not think you were necessarily a candidate for any surgery at this time. I certainly do not think you are a candidate for a chin augmentation. If you wanted some slight refinements to the nose these could be discussed during consultation and examination. If you do proceed with nose surgery make sure that the surgeon is very qualified and will just refine your nose slightly keeping your beautiful Russian aesthetics in balance. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasy

Thank you for the question and one photo but an examination is really needed and discussion of desired results.  So see some experts in your area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant?

Thanks for the photo.  Of course it's better to be examined in person however from the photograph I would be reluctant to suggest that you need any plastic surgery.  Slight lowering of your bridge and tip may risk making your already "upturned" nose look shorter and I don't think this would be to your advantage.  It might look cute at your age but probably would be less appealing as you grow older.
Your chin is also fine in my humble opinion.
It is a good idea to meet in person with a rhinoplasty expert also certified in plastic surgery and listen carefully to the opinion(s) that you receive.  Then you will be well equipped to decide what is in your best interest.  Good luck!  Dr. Perlman

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

From this photograph, there is not a weak chin  profile present, so a chin implant is not necessary. A rhinoplasty can accomplish improvement of the profile of the nose which would include de-projection of the tip and bridge and shaving down a slight dorsal hump.

Weak chin

I wouldn't say you have a weak chin, and I would not plan any augmentation for it.
From your profile picture, your nose also looks fine to me. There may be possible refinements to be done, but I cannot tell from this single pictures and without knowing what exactly your goal would be.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photo.  From the lateral view, it does not appear that your chin is an issue.  Your nose doesn't look bad from the profile either.  Perhaps a little over projected, but nothing severe.  You should see a rhinoplasty specialist who can evaluate your nose in person and work collaboratively with you to make the changes you are hoping for.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

After reviewing your profile photo, I don't believe that a chin augmentation will be necessary, although a correct photo would be with you biting down normally and evaluating your nose-chin relationship.  I recommend consulting with a Board-Certified plastic surgeon who will accurately examine your face, create a simulation based on what your nose could look like after surgery, and develop a plan tailored to your individual needs and wishes.