I hate my profile as my chin is quite delicate, and my nose is fairly prominent. Would rhinoplasty help in my case?

Prominent nose, and a small chin. I feel that my nose is disproportionate to the rest of my face--and this is most apparent in my profile view. Would it be possible to get a less prominent, more delicate nose? I also hate my sloping forehead and slight brow ridge (thanks Dad !) but I guess I can't fix that.

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation questions?

Dear Willowhite21,  Unfortunately one of your concerns is your profile and the profile picture above does not give a clear view of these proportions. Your nose is the center of attention and balances the facial aesthetics so it is important that this is not "disproportionate" . From the frontal view your nose looks beautiful. I  would not suggest any type of forehead or brow lift surgery at this time. Consultation with digital imaging would be your best next step to see what changes could be made and if these are what you are looking for as a desired result. I would not be hasty in your decision making as you have a lovely face, with nice cheekbones, the only missing factor is a good photograph of your profile to determine if this matches well with your other facial aesthetics. And FYI you should thank your father and mother for your beautiful aesthetics, you are a lovely looking young lady!!Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Nose and chin refinement.

Though rhinoplasty and conservative chin augmentation often are performed together to improve proportioning with excellent results, I can't see enough of your features on the one profile view to confirm that you are a candidate.  This would require either a better photo or better yet a face-to-face examination.  I would point out however that the frontal views show a very beautiful face that doesn't call out for any significant change.  Be careful before making any decision to undergo plastic surgery until you've gotten consistent opinions supporting the idea from a few Bd Certified plastic surgeons.  Good luck and best wishes,  Dr. Perlman

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Wow, you look great!

At least from these photos. Three of the photos are frontal views: your "slight brow ridge" isn't visible at all, your eyebrows are nice and high, you've got great fullness to your cheeks. You've got big attractive eyes.

You have a short vertical height to your chin, the vertical distance from your lips to the bottom of your chin. That is a very good and feminizing feature to have. The outline of your jaw and your cheekbones are also excellent.

The only thing I can't see is the prominence of your nose on profile view, because the profile photo is too small. With a much larger photo, I might be able to give you advice on that view and make a computer morph.

But please, please don't let someone start carving your forehead or putting fillers or implants around your face. If your nose truly is prominent, then you could consider a rhinoplasty. Even though the rhinoplasty is the most difficult operation for a surgeon to learn and perform competently, predicting how a change in the nose can improve the face is much more straightforward than, for example, predicting whether a cheek implant will help or even hurt, or whether a forehead or hairline operation will help or just leave you with scars you'd hate.

I think you look much, much better than your posting suggests. Go slowly. Check out your nose. Only deal with surgeons who have lots and lots of nice before and afters, and don't let anyone talk you into anything.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Harmony

Dear WillowWhite21,

The question you ask is a very good one. On front view you have very good facial harmony The weakness of the chin and the prominence of the nose on your profile make each feature appear more "prominent" and "small" in relation to each other. Conservative profile reduction and appropriate chin augmentation would improve your profile harmony and minimally affect the frontal view.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Profile

Unfortunately, your profile picture is too small and grainy to make any judgments about what to do. You should get a better, larger picture an put it up again.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Nose - chin facial balance

If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough, it can be cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty. Whether it is worth doing is a decision that is personal and only you can make. A receding chin can be improved with a natural appearing chin implant.

Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient. The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Balance

Balance is very important when it comes to any facial procedures. While it is difficult to do a thorough assessment of your face through this photos, the nose, chin, and other facial structures are important parts of this balance. I agree that your nose does not fit your face and a rhinoplasty is the standard procedure to reshape your nose. 

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant can balance the profile

Rhinoplasty and chin implant can be performed together and can balance the profile.  A weaker chin does make the nose seem larger.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Hi, based upon the attached photo your chin is very weak.  A weak chin can make the nose appear larger and the mid face top heavy.  Chin augmentation, with a chin implant, will add volume to the chin providing harmony and balance to the lower face.  The nose can be slightly refined using a tip-plasty, without a full Rhinoplasty, to thin the tip and supr-tip (area above the tip).  Hope this helps.