How can I make my ears symmetrical? (Photos)

Ever since I was a baby i've always had long shaggy hair that hid most of my ears. But around a year ago, i got a huge haircut showing me that my ears are completely uneven and wonky. I've been looking into plastic surgery techinques online for a while but never saw anything suitable for me.

The quest for symmetric ears

Dear Jake,

Thank you for your question..   Ears are really funny things.  They look funny, they feel funny, and commonly they are not the same from right to left.  Sometimes one is higher than the other, sometimes one sticks out more than the other, etc. Regardless, there are proven techniques that are used in surgery to refine and shape the ears.  In looking at your photos the differences I see between your left and right ear are not terribly dramatic. Your right ear is slightly larger than your left ear, but not to a point that stands out in any regard. For a more detailed discussion  I would recommend you following up with an experience provider. I hope this helps you to find the best answer for you.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, M.D., FACS

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I make my ears symmetrical?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. From the pictures provided and the description, it is really hard to tell what issues you are having and what your goals are in terms of surgical outcome. Your best bet would be to see a local board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation. Only through a physical exam and a discussion of your goals can you come up with a plan for surgical options.